Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'm not trying to use this as an excuse or anything. The Leafs have lost plenty of times to BOS with all their key players healthy. But I really feel BOS lucked out by having TOR's best player get sick and their second best goal scorer get hurt.

This team just isn't that impressive. Even with the Leafs having those problems and being the f***ing Leafs, they've had more shots in three of the four games and have probably out chanced the Bruins in the series. Imagine what would happen if Marchand was out for three games and Pasta got sick. I guess what I'm trying to say is that they suck, too. I'm looking forward to seeing the Panthers mop the floor with them. It's going to be really enjoyable for me.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
One of the worst playoff hockey games they've played in the last whatever how many years, and there have been lot's of really bad games.

They've only scored more than 2 goals once in their last 12 playoff games. Zero plays made tonight, passing atrocious, can't get a save and can't even get a high danger chance on a power play.

This team is so done. There's just no way.
And Jeremy Swayman has now held the Leafs scoreless for 10 consecutive first periods. Do that math. That’s three and one third full games.

Reactions: TMLife17 and egd27

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
What exactly was the game plan from Keefe tonight?
t
Were the players ignoring his master plan? Or did he not have one? Either way … fire keefe
soft chips.. seriously... that was the plan and then special teams kicked in. 2 life sucking PP's and one excellent kill.

What happens? the Bruins make an immediate adjustment and score their next PP.

Add the lack of energy and spirit.. add Brodie being in for Lilly and you are down 3-0.. People talking about a historically bad performance. Back to the Jersey nightmare

Matthews is out and Marner takes Willie's words to heart. But it's too late. The coaches gameplan and lack of adjustments combined with a complete lack of urgency,... it's the same every playoff. same. No wonder we are frustrated. The one good thing Keefe did was get Woll's feet wet .. he was lucky the Leafs came to play in the third and not fold the tent in on Woll.. maybe that's why he did it.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Boston right back where they were in the first round last year being up 3-1 and heading home for game 5. Hopefully the series ends with the same results....
fozzie-bear-wow.gif

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Time to remind myself the pre playoff position I had

Its a WIN-WIN Scenario for us

A) Either Leafs go on a deep run -> WINNING SCENARIO
OR
B) Leafs lay an egg and its time for some big changes starting with Keefe getting FIRED!

I warmed up to Keefe a bit when he benched Tavares when JT was sucking but he went back to his tried, tested and failed version again.....

Plus 2nd reminder to self:
Treveliving's post GMs meeting interview. It was obvious from his talk that:
1) The "answers" in the post season have to come from within the locker room not from additional help
2) He was already talking about the summer and how teams are usually built in the summer and he would be better positioned to evaluate it after a year for next summer. IMO he was already looking towards the summer to build the team mostly on the defensive side of things.
Guys, there's no guarantee that this management is going to make some major changes in the offseason. What if Marner and JT refuse to waive their NMC?

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
If anyone even suggested we are getting out goalied in this series, that’s the problem bc some here would never hold the players accountable

Our shot selection is garbage. There is zero traffic in front of their net. It is almost like they don't want to win. Wonder if these guys are betting against themselves. It is the only logical reason for their apathetic play.

Boxscore

Jan 22, 2007
It's what I've been saying for over a year now, it's nice that people finally agree with me a year late
I hated the Tavares signing the second it happened -- I'm sure the thread still exists -- and I was destroyed on here for it. It was an awful contract before the ink dried and it was clear as day the snowball effect would prohibit us from putting together a deep team who could contend annually. Then they gave him the C to make it even worse.

But, yes, you are correct -- he needs to be gone.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Pretty crap game. 0-6 in our last 6 playoff games. I went to three of those. This year I passed, and glad I did. Not sure what happened on the bench there but it’s time for a change .

Coach for sure, But I think there’s a big deal too. Even if we rally.

Reactions: TMLife17

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Ugly game. Didn't show much of anything. Boston just toyed with Leafs. And we continue to make Sway look like Roy.

I think Boston didn't do anything special. They stuck to the basics

- Clear out the zone as soon as puck is in their zone
- Try to keep puck in teh Leafs zone as much as possible
- Win special teams battle
- Keep the Leafs to the outside and clog netural zone forcing Leafs to dump the puck or turnover the puck and boston would send it right into the Leafs zone from teh red line again
- Run out the clock by playing safe hockey and opportunistic offense as Leafs force the play (Keefe's fav system)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad