Speculation: Could we see more?

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
This offseason has been a very fun one so far with three huge one for one (ok one had two picks but we're pretty much one for one. But what I am wondering is if the Weber and pk trade works out for both sides or if teams see that trade and get ideas off it. will we see more trades like it (an older player for a younger player at the same posistion and near the same skill level.) if you do think we will see more what do think the trade will be my prediction.
Fowler
For
shattenkirk
(Not sure if either side does this and sorry if this has been done already)

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
Shatty has said he wants to play on the East coast, doubt ANA would want him

California is not on the east coast? Jk I did not think Anaheim would or the blues but do you have any ideas on one for one swaps or mabye with a pick or something included?

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
Shatty has said he wants to play on the East coast, doubt ANA would want him

I was also thinking McDonagh for shatty and next years first but did not think nyr fans would like it I know he said he would do a discount if he were to play in nyr probably 6 million or high in the five millions. The blues d if that were to go over might just become the best in the league
McDonagh petro
Bowmeester Parayko
Gunnersonn edmudson
I mean McDonagh is a 15-20 range of Dmen and shatty is probably 25-30 so it would not be a huge downgrade.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I was also thinking McDonagh for shatty and next years first but did not think nyr fans would like it I know he said he would do a discount if he were to play in nyr probably 6 million or high in the five millions. The blues d if that were to go over might just become the best in the league
McDonagh petro
Bowmeester Parayko
Gunnersonn edmudson
I mean McDonagh is a 15-20 range of Dmen and shatty is probably 25-30 so it would not be a huge downgrade.

I don't see the Rangers doing that downgrade for a low first.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
McDonagh petro
Bowmeester Parayko
Gunnersonn edmudson

Will never happen. WHy on earth are we giving up the better player and captain on a beast of a contract when we can probably sign Shatty next summer if we really want him? Makes no sense at all

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I think so.

There are a lot of players on the block right now.

15 guys here from 15 teams that IMO are realistic: E. Kane, Howard, Hoffman, Bishop, Bozak, R. Murphy, Hartnell, Hamonic, Rick Nash, Barrie, Niemi, Brodin, Trouba, Wideman, Yakupov.

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
Will never happen. WHy on earth are we giving up the better player and captain on a beast of a contract when we can probably sign Shatty next summer if we really want him? Makes no sense at all

This is the reaction I thought I would get. my thought process was for you guys to regain a first you had lost in other trades I would be willing to add a second or barbashev to make your prospect pool stronger but not sure if that would get it done. On this site a poll had shatty as the 21st Dman and McDonagh as 19 (not that it means much) but still it is not like it is a huge downgrade.

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
I think an Evander Kane for Fowler trade straight up makes too much sense. Maybe Buffalo adding a 2nd rounder or something

It only make sense if BM wants to bring in someone to assault women in the area. Big pass for Kane. Kane's likely destination at this point is Vancouver.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Shattenkirk for Fowler makes zero sense, Don't see BM trading for Shattenkirk with 1 year left at $4.25 million. When Fowler has 2 years left at $4 million Shattenkirk will want at least 7x7 and now way with Anaheim having an internal budget can they afford to give Shattenkirk that much. BM will want a top 6 LW for Fowler not another D man in return like Shattenkirk. I would imagine.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
I think an Evander Kane for Fowler trade straight up makes too much sense. Maybe Buffalo adding a 2nd rounder or something

Going to need to be more of a something. Fowler is better, more established, has more upside still and carries none of the risks E.Kane does.

If E.Kane could return anything remotely close to Fowler, he would've been traded already

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
Yeah i doubt that BM wants any part of Evander Kane, If Kane can't make it in Winnipeg or Buffalo he wont make it in Anaheim.

Just wondering what we all think of a Edmonton trade of Yakupov for E. Kane? Would that be of any interest for either team? I think it would benefit both players, Yak a new start and Kane an experienced, tough gm and coach.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Just wondering what we all think of a Edmonton trade of Yakupov for E. Kane? Would that be of any interest for either team? I think it would benefit both players, Yak a new start and Kane an experienced, tough gm and coach.

It might take a little more then just Yak to get Evander Kane, But a deal around Yak for Evander Kane might not be a bad deal Yak could easily thrive in Buffalo and Kane to Edmonton might not be that bad of a deal either. Maybe Yak and a slight add from Chia for Kane might do it.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
It might take a little more then just Yak to get Evander Kane, But a deal around Yak for Evander Kane might not be a bad deal Yak could easily thrive in Buffalo and Kane to Edmonton might not be that bad of a deal either. Maybe Yak and a slight add from Chia for Kane might do it.

At this point I wouldn't take Kane for free. Cap hit is too high for the headache and we have too many kids. May be a good fit for an experienced team like ANA but not the oilers.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Ana is in no position to take a 7mill defenseman. If anything it would be a 7mill forward our defense is set but still way to much money coming in for a budget team

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
At this point I wouldn't take Kane for free. Cap hit is too high for the headache and we have too many kids. May be a good fit for an experienced team like ANA but not the oilers.

Perhaps a draft pick from Edmonton, as well, and some salary retention on Buffalo's end. What do you think. I really think this could work for both teams and a wakeup call for both players.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
Perhaps a draft pick from Edmonton, as well, and some salary retention on Buffalo's end. What do you think. I really think this could work for both teams and a wakeup call for both players.

If Buff retained Half id consider it but I think Buff could do better elsewhere. Id do Yak + 3rd for Kane at 50%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad