Could we have a chance in a shortened playoffs?

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
So, assuming this whole thing blows over by May/June (here’s hoping) and the NHL decides to resume the season with a shortened playoff format or even just a tournament style knockout for the Cup...does anyone else feel like we’d have a really good shot at winning it all? This is a team that just needs to get hot at the right time and if everyone’s healthy, I don’t see why we couldn’t surprise a few teams and make a deep run. We have the depth on both offence and Defence IMO, and if Rittich or Talbot get hot I’d like our chances heavily.

I know half the league could say the same thing, but I just feel we could do some damage if the timing is right.

How does everyone else feel about our chances in this scenario? Hopefully you’re all staying safe!

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Judging by how this team comes back from extended breaks, and this is perhaps the extendiest break of them all, I'm gonna go ahead and say I doubt it.

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
On the other hand, if they made it a couple of weeks of the season to get everyone back in shape, that would put the playoffs right around the time frame of the annual hot streak to get us all excited before the inevitable crash.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
At this point, fans should be more concerned about whether next season starts on time (or happens at all)

Barring immediate compliance, that deadline will almost certainly be extended too.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
At this point, fans should be more concerned about whether next season starts on time (or happens at all)

Barring immediate compliance, that deadline will almost certainly be extended too.

I mean it's possible they could award the cup in August or something...but yeah I don't have a good feeling about this going away anytime soon.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Could the Flames have a chance in a shortened playoffs?

Anything's possible I guess but I think it's highly improbable.

I'm done with the season and am almost grateful considering the way the Flames have played this year. Time to move on and start fresh next October... hopefully with an improved Flames roster and a better coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad