Speculation: Could this be a surprise year?

Oilerz

May 10, 2005
River City. E-Town
That was meant more for Gambl0r, but since you mentioned it, talking about the baghead movement with derision kinda gives your stance away, but okay. While we're at it, you jumped down a poster's throat, and attacked his join date, post count, avatar and blurb underneath. Get all pissy with me if you want, but you're not exactly doing yourself any favours here.

Who's pissy here? Un****ingbelievable.

But you may be on to something with me actually engaging some of these trolls.

Last edited:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Um, you? :laugh:

The guy you jumped all over looks like a fan that is fed up with the garbage hockey he's had to endure for the last 8 years. I can't say I blame him for being so mad. And I can't help but think someone who attacks him for displaying his frustration might be on the other side of the fence. That's just me. All I really wanted to do with my post was make a joke, but whatevs, it's all good.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I sure hope so I would love to change my avatar by 20 game mark.

Are you even a fan?

I'm sorry did my question seem out of line? Your name, the line under it and the picture sure looks like someone to me who is trying to get some attention instead of here being a fan and discussing his team. But whatever bro, free interweb. Enjoy your pessimism.

You forgot to add a bag on your head.

This was my original post at top real pessimistic :shakehead I was being hopeful as a fan would be . And last post you act like you're engaging in trolls:amazed: You start trolling my positive original post call me pessimistic then act like your some type of hero engaging the trolls. Get over yourself.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Boy, you can feel the love in here. This thread was bond to become mired in negativity. Until the Oilers win a couple of preseason games and then we can start the plan the parade route thread. Until then Oiler fans :yo:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Oiler koolaid drinkers, and Oiler pessimists fighting each other, another "Oilers in the playoffs? haha nope!" bash thread on the main boards....Yup, hockey season is back.
My guess is now that the season is starting the "Kool Aid" drinkers will shrink back into the shadows and wait until the off season before they come out in full force again.:) just like every other year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
For it to happen IMO the following five guys have to have good years

Scrivens - Has to be a beast with a save percentage north of .915 and a GAA under 2.5.

RNH - Has to have a break out year.

Schultz - Has to take a large step forward in his development.

Nikitin - Has to have a solid year.

Yakupov - Has to have a decent comeback season and chip in secondary offence.

If the stars align with those five, the Oilers are probably in business, they will still have to acquire another center via trade at some point during the season but they should be able to be in a decent position.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Boy, you can feel the love in here. This thread was bond to become mired in negativity. Until the Oilers win a couple of preseason games and then we can start the plan the parade route thread. Until then Oiler fans :yo:

not negativity-- reinforced reassurance of bad things to come

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
For it to happen IMO the following five guys have to have good years

Scrivens - Has to be a beast with a save percentage north of .915 and a GAA under 2.5.

RNH - Has to have a break out year.

Schultz - Has to take a large step forward in his development.

Nikitin - Has to have a solid year.

Yakupov - Has to have a decent comeback season and chip in secondary offence.

If the stars align with those five, the Oilers are probably in business, they will still have to acquire another center via trade at some point during the season but they should be able to be in a decent position.

this

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Oiler koolaid drinkers, and Oiler pessimists fighting each other, another "Oilers in the playoffs? haha nope!" bash thread on the main boards....Yup, hockey season is back.

lol. should probably cool it down. I lost it a little there.

deep breath. deep breath.

it's only pre-season. relax, self, relax.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad