Could the 2013-2014 Binghamton Senators have beaten edmonton at their worst?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
vesa, just draw the lineups of the two teams and match the players like

RNH vs Da Costa and so on

RNH at his worst his better then DaCosta at his best? RNH has 11 goals we have a rookie that is ahead of him in goals. Its not about match ups because RNH can consistently be a better player then DaCosta. Its about DaCosta when he was playing at his best versus RNH playing at his worst. We saw DaCosta make NHLers look like scrubs at the WC which shows me when everything goes right he can be very good.

Edmonton can't score this season at the best of times and bingo's goalie put up comparable save percentage to Fasth and Scriven when he played for a league worst islanders.

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
why don't the players you listed belong in the NHL?

They are bad players, prospects and career ahl players Edmonton has been using to fillout important parts of their roster. I'm talking about when edmonton was at their worst too which is an important factor.

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
so no list about comparing the players?

Compare the worst you've ever seen RNH play with what you saw from the best year DaCosta played. This whole thread is trying to dispell the notion that its inconsivable for a good ahl team to ever beat a nhl team even if the nhl team is bad and playing the worst hockey it can.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
so just make the list

Best Games --- Worst Games
the Ahler -vs- the Oiler

also you should know, that the worst of the players in the Oilers organization make up the best team in the AHL

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
so just make the list

the Ahler -vs- the Oiler

also you should know, that the worst of the players in the Oilers organization make up the best team in the AHL

acro is a good ahl player. His skill doesnt translate because of his size and skating. Hoffman, Stone, Boro, Ceci and pageau would prove to be players thats skill did translate. I mean we could have the best ahl in the league with St.Pierre, Acro, Heerma, Locke and landers but i think if they came up against a team of player in the ahl who's skill does transfer to the nhl it'd be no contest.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
why are they bad players?

and no list about comparing the players?

You want me to go through how i percieved the oilers during their worst stretch?

Acro-Terrible defensively not a good enough skater to make up for his size comparable to Corey Locke

Ted Purcell softer then Greening and less athletic

schultz during his worst point reminded me of T.J Brennan with even less defensive ability

Ference is a 6/ahl at this point in his career too small to play the way he wants to play and not a good enough skater. Sad to see him get out muscled so much in front of the net

Draisatle was clearly not ready. Edmonton fan are praying he rebounds in the WHL and then goes to the AHL. Long way from nhler

Scriven lets in way to many soft goals or goals go right through him. Fasth has the same problem

Nikitin doesnt read the play well enough to be the defensive dman he wants to be. Gets beat by faster players

i could go on

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
so just make the list

the Ahler -vs- the Oiler

make the list of what you saw from bingo players during the year when they scorer the most goals in the AHL versus the games of the Edmonton oilers players during their ten plus game losing streak.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I mean, it's not like Bingo could NEVER beat that bad Oilers team.

If you played a 50 game series, I'm sure the Baby Sens could probably win a dozen or so games.... but to suggest that an AHL team is flat out better than an NHL team is crazy bananapants.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I mean, it's not like Bingo could NEVER beat that bad Oilers team.

If you played a 50 game series, I'm sure the Baby Sens could probably win a dozen or so games.... but to suggest that an AHL team is flat out better than an NHL team is crazy bananapants.

I agree but its not inconceivable for an ahl team to beat an nhl team like so many people claim which is my point. People make too many definite statements with regards to NHL teams over teams from other leagues. Theres good players outside the NHL and in some cases they are better then some players in the NHL. People are too close minded and cant even fathom an NHL team losing to an ahl team.

I dont even consider it going out of a limb. In my mind a bad NHL team playing its worst can lose to a good AHL team playing its best

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Okay I think I missed something. The Edmonton oilers are under some sort f contract where they HAVE to play their absolute worst.
Well then any pro team can beat any other pro team if they're playing their ABSOLUTE worst. The baby Sens could beat the San Jose sharks if the sharks were playing their worst. Like barely skating and unable to connect a single pass and just constantly floating around in defensive coverage and letting people walk in. Not to mention the goalies would also be playing their ABSOLUTE worst. So unable to stop a single shot.

So yes. Baby Sens could be the Edmonton oilers. But. Under any REASONABLE circumstances. That oilers team steamrolls the baby Sens. And in very embarrassing fashion. Like RNH hall and eberle would never not have the puck.
Not to mention NHL level fundamentals and playing elite talent every single night they play gives them a massive. Like astronomical edge. I also think I saw an RNH Hoffman comparison somewhere in here. That's cringeworthy.

I think this is the most angry I've ever been on the boards.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
not playing their worst, but playing how they did during the 10 game losing streak. Meaning, playing hard but losing to NHL teams all the time

Like i said my point was to say that their are good players outside the NHL that are better then some NHLer and there are good teams outside the NHL that have a chance to beat an NHL team. We have the stats that Hall, RNH, Shultz, Eberle and Yak put up in the ahl well playing well. What kinda stats do they put up well playing bad againsta good ahl team thats stacked with players who are good enough to play in the nhl?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
RNH at his worst his better then DaCosta at his best? RNH has 11 goals we have a rookie that is ahead of him in goals. Its not about match ups because RNH can consistently be a better player then DaCosta. Its about DaCosta when he was playing at his best versus RNH playing at his worst. We saw DaCosta make NHLers look like scrubs at the WC which shows me when everything goes right he can be very good.

Edmonton can't score this season at the best of times and bingo's goalie put up comparable save percentage to Fasth and Scriven when he played for a league worst islanders.
Da costa didn't make Nhlers look like scrubs anywhere. WC? So like that one random NHL playing on some random countries 2nd line. Yeah maybe I guess. Da costa vs RNH would be tough to watch. Da costa would sign a 15 year contract in the KHL and never come back

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Like i said my point was to say that their are good players outside the NHL that are better then some NHLer and there are good teams outside the NHL that have a chance to beat an NHL team. We have the stats that Hall, RNH, Shultz, Eberle and Yak put up in the ahl well playing well. What kinda stats do they put up well playing bad againsta good ahl team thats stacked with players who are good enough to play in the nhl?

Didn't they play in the AHL two years ago though? Hall RNH eberle and Shultz this year. Playing poorly. Still more than likely out up monster points in any game series against the baby Sens. Even hall playing his worst. Is still probably too much to handle for baby Sens defence. Which are all what? #4 d men on the NHL. Outside if ceci. Who is a 3/4 ish right now and was last year. RNH is stil too much to hand for that same defence. Eberle is too much to handle.

I think RNH and hall would like maybe break out playing against dmen slated to become bottom pairing dmen in the NHL. Since they sometimes dominate first pairings in the NHL. After them the team is weak no doubt. But they play at an incredible faster pace than the baby Sens would be used to.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
So the argument here is if the Oilers players all play their absolute worst, then the B-Sens could best them if they were all playing their best?

OK. I'll start a thread that says the Ottawa Senators of today can beat Team Canada.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
So the argument here is if the Oilers players all play their absolute worst, then the B-Sens could best them if they were all playing their best?

OK. I'll start a thread that says the Ottawa Senators of today can beat Team Canada.
Go ahead and make it. Judging by this thread a lot of people will say they cant lmao

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Didn't they play in the AHL two years ago though? Hall RNH eberle and Shultz this year. Playing poorly. Still more than likely out up monster points in any game series against the baby Sens. Even hall playing his worst. Is still probably too much to handle for baby Sens defence. Which are all what? #4 d men on the NHL. Outside if ceci. Who is a 3/4 ish right now and was last year. RNH is stil too much to hand for that same defence. Eberle is too much to handle.

I think RNH and hall would like maybe break out playing against dmen slated to become bottom pairing dmen in the NHL. Since they sometimes dominate first pairings in the NHL. After them the team is weak no doubt. But they play at an incredible faster pace than the baby Sens would be used to.

Hall was playing well and went from a 27 goal scorer in the nhl to a really good AHLer he still wasnt demolishing teams and was only 8 points over ppg still very very very good by ahl standards. Now if Hall... well playing poorly... ends up against a good ahl team he'll play well but hes not going to score 10 goals

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I agree but its not inconceivable for an ahl team to beat an nhl team like so many people claim which is my point.

Pretty much.

Look, I'll leave it like this: The 1992-93 Ottawa Senators were for all intents and purposes an AHL team... there was maybe 5 or 6 legit NHL-caliber players (let alone star players) on that team, an they won ten games that year.

So yeah. I think in a league populated by 29 Edmonton Oilers and one Binghamton Senators, the B-Sens probably do roughly as well. Ten wins in a full season? Not out of the question at all. A couple of wins based on the goalie stealing a game here and there, a couple of wins based on some lucky bounces, even a few wins where players actually catch lightning in a bottle and outplay the other team, and you're there.

Even the 1975 Capitals won 8 games, and there was nary a skilled player to be seen on that team outside of Tom Williams.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad