Could Joe Bowen broadcast Leafs national games next season?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
they get outshot every game. that is not bias, that's stating a fact

For the third time:

As said earlier, it's very very easy to make these comments without the snark. Look at the quote above, if he simply removes the, "and to nobody's surprise" followed by his half-hearted chuckle - it's a normal comment that nobody would get annoyed at. Stating facts is one thing, backhanded jabs with a condescending tone and flat out laughter is pretty much a violation of professionalism when you're on a national broadcast.

If we were talking about Healy, you would have a valid point. I don't mind him, he tears apart all our flaws but he does it in a straightforward, here-are-the-facts manner. That's fine and relates to what you're talking about. Hughson masquerades as an un-bias voice but actually takes more shots then Healy.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Hughson: "Kadri comes in to take the draw and he actually won it."
Simpson: "-chuckle-"

That's pretty much the definition of condescending mocking on air.

This season, every Saturday it's:

Hughson: "And to nobody's surprise, the Leafs are being outshot."

Greg Millen is just as bad when it comes to Kadri bashing in the faceoff dot lol.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The way I read those quotes in his voice :facepalm::laugh:

I love bowen's enthusiasm. I really don't like the cbc crew. I've gotten way to used to his voice. I really like cuthbert and I like gord miller.

I'd prefer Gord Miller over Cuthbert, just something about Cuthberts voice I don't like but I'd put up with that over Hughson and his droolingfool side-kick Simpleson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad