Could HFBoards Have a HFPalooza in the near future???

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Wondering if there would ever be a reboot to the original Noofapalooza?? The HFBorads fourms seem to have become the standard for forum boards in the OHL. As HFBORADS has become the new location for all things OHL it's always been puzzling that something from the old message boards things haven't came over to HFBORADS yet like the idea of another OHL style palooza???

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Wondering if there would ever be a reboot to the original Noofapalooza?? The HFBorads fourms seem to have become the standard for forum boards in the OHL. As HFBORADS has become the new location for all things OHL it's always been puzzling that something from the old message boards things haven't came over to HFBORADS yet like the idea of another OHL style palooza???

Where's Jason?

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
That truly is the question since HF Borads started up a year ago it seems that something like idea was never adapted over from the NOOF forum and would make sense to potentially bring back??? As I believe there is a possibility that something similar to Jason's idea could restart as this would give what would be the new forum for OHL hockey talk especially if Jason is on Hf Boards or still keeps in touch with him about bringing something like this back to the posters. As someone from the Rangers thread was looking for former OHL Forum starter Eagle Vision out of Kitchener it got me as a regular poster if posters like Eagle Vision and KnightHawk as well as Jason Cormier an others are on HF Boards who have or would consider starting a reboot of what was Noofapalooza or was is now an HF Boards Forum???

I tried to put one together a couple years back but it got little to no interest

even had a logo made up and everything

2n69oya.jpg

That truly is the question since HF Borads started up a year ago it seems that something like idea was never adapted over from the NOOF forum and would make sense to potentially bring back??? As I believe there is a possibility that something similar to Jason's idea could restart as this would give what would be the new forum for OHL hockey talk especially if Jason is on Hf Boards or still keeps in touch with him about bringing something like this back to the posters. As someone from the Rangers thread was looking for former OHL Forum starter Eagle Vision out of Kitchener it got me as a regular poster if posters like Eagle Vision and KnightHawk as well as Jason Cormier an others are on HF Boards who have or would consider starting a reboot of what was Noofapalooza or was is now an HF Boards Forum???
I'm good friends with both KnightHawk and Eagle Vision and see both of them quite often. As one of the more prolific posters from the "NOOF" there's not many posters I don't know personally.

Last edited:

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I tried to put one together a couple years back but it got little to no interest

even had a logo made up and everything

2n69oya.jpg

I'm good friends with both KnightHawk and Eagle Vision and see both of them quite often. As one of the more prolific posters from the "NOOF" there's not many posters I don't know personally.

Could be something to do with HFBoards still being new only being active for it's second year but should certianly be re-opened for consideration of a poster gathering brought back in the near future as HF boards is something that fans are starting to get on borad with this borad more regularly.

Dose Eagle Vision and KnightHawk still excise????

Could be something to do with HFBoards still being new only being active for it's second year but should certianly be re-opened for consideration of a poster gathering brought back in the near future as HF boards is something that fans are starting to get on borad with this borad more regularly.

Dose Eagle Vision and KnightHawk still excise????

HFBoards has been around for more than 2 years. I've been posting here since 2007

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
And yes...they both still exist..in fact I'll be seeing KnightHawk tonight

or one could argue that was the beginning of it's undoing ;)

Seems that there still would be an interest I'd think in the league for posting on message boards a bringing back a posters gatherings to have something similar with an HF broads gathering in the near future I'd think if this board has been around since 2013 maybe the idea of revisiting it now since more posters have joined since 2013 that the an HF Boards.

Should be re-tried before HF Boards ends up turning into another Electric Ice where very few posters all still on that message board

Seems that there still would be an interest I'd think in the league for posting on message boards a bringing back a posters gatherings to have something similar with an HF broads gathering in the near future I'd think if this board has been around since 2013 maybe the idea of revisiting it now since more posters have joined since 2013 that the an HF Boards.

Should be re-tried before HF Boards ends up turning into another Electric Ice where very few posters all still on that message board

Knock yourself out if you wanna try to arrange something. I tried a couple times in the past to no avail...so I'm not gonna be throwing my hat in the ring again to get something arranged. And for the record....The OHL Forums here on HFBoards were here before I joined...and that was in 2007.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Knock yourself out if you wanna try to arrange something. I tried a couple times in the past to no avail...so I'm not gonna be throwing my hat in the ring again to get something arranged. And for the record....The OHL Forums here on HFBoards were here before I joined...and that was in 2007.

I was doing some writing and prospect reporting and analysis back in 1999 when the website was jsut starting out. I pretty much wrote and compiled all of the information regarding the OHL players for the 1999 draft. I participated int e official Mock Draft for Nashville on Hockey's Future. I picked Brian Finley and I remember many roasting me badly on it. Again, I was picking based on how I thought Nashville would pick. Based on how that Mock draft went, I felt Finley was their guy and sure enough, he was int he real draft.

The following year I remember being invited onto a radio show in Columbus before the 2000 draft. They had the fourth pick and it was their first Entry Draft. Since they are a US based team in their first draft they were hell bent on information regarding Rick Dipietro. Goalies are a funny breed. It is always tough to predict where they go. And that is what I told the radio hosts. I remember telling them that with a new franchise a player like Klesla who was a big body D-Man with the ability to move the puck and stay calm in the defensive end is where a team should start. But they hammered away at Dipietro. Sure enough, Dipietro goes first overall to the Isles. Columbus did select Klesla.

Anyway, all that is to say I was following Hockeys Future back in 1998. There was no discussion Board back then. When the discussion board did start it was full of crap. It was almost ridiculous at how bad the posts were so I left it alone. When the NOOF basically ceased to exist, I gave HF Boards another look. A lot of the people that were NOOFers were on the HF Boards and the Junior Discussion was decent for the most part. Sure, sometimes it results in silly flaming and what not but it is a great resource for Junior Hockey considering the mainstream media coverage of Major Junior Hockey is very light.

Last edited:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I was doing some writing and prospect reporting and analysis back in 1999 when the website was jsut starting out. I pretty much wrote and compiled all of the information regarding the OHL players for the 1999 draft. I participated int e official Mock Draft for Nashville on Hockey's Future. I picked Brian Finley and I remember many roasting me badly on it. Again, I was picking based on how I thought Nashville would pick. Based on how that Mock draft went, I felt Finley was their guy and sure enough, he was int he real draft.

The following year I remember being invited onto a radio show in Columbus before the 2000 draft. They had the fourth pick and it was their first Entry Draft. Since they are a US based team in their first draft they were hell bent on information regarding Rick Dipietro. Goalies are a funny breed. It is always tough to predict where they go. And that is what I told the radio hosts. I remember telling them that with a new franchise a player like Klesla who was a big body D-Man with the ability to move the puck and stay calm in the defensive end is where a team should start. But they hammered away at Dipietro. Sure enough, Dipietro goes first overall to the Isles. Columbus did select Klesla.

Anyway, all that is to say I was following Hockeys Future back in 1998. There was no discussion Board back then. When the discussion board did start it was full of crap. It was almost ridiculous at how bad the posts were so I left it alone. When the NOOF basically ceased to exist, I gave HF Boards another look. A lot of the people that were NOOFers were on the HF Boards and the Junior Discussion was decent for the most part. Sure, sometimes it results in silly flaming and what not but it is a great resource for Junior Hockey considering the mainstream media coverage of Major Junior Hockey is very light.

Thankfully to you and the other experienced posters this board has some life and some very intelligent well thought out posts. I hope some of the gems return like JH but overall its still a good board and there is an ignore button for a reason! I would be up for a bash if there was to be one in Kingston, GTA, London, or Sarnia. other than that I cant travel around to much. I hope something does happen for the sake of this little community we have here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad