"Could be" Intriguing Prospects

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The two players I thought of were Jordan Subban and Rocco Grimaldi. Both have tons of talent but are on the small side.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Stefan Elliott, can absolutely snipe from the blue line, and he can skate like it's nobody's business, has been extremely inconsistent In the NHL. He has looked unbelievably Brilliant in stints.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
Adam Lowry
Left Wing
Born Mar 29 1993 -- Calgary, ALTA [20 yrs. ago]
Height 6.05 -- Weight 201 -- Shoots L
Selected by Winnipeg Jets round 3 #67 overall 2011 NHL Entry Draft
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122998

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2009-10 Swift Current Broncos WHL 61 15 19 34 57 9 3 0 1 1 6
2010-11 Swift Current Broncos WHL 66 18 27 45 84 -21 -- -- -- -- --
2011-12 Swift Current Broncos WHL 36 12 25 37 90 4 -- -- -- -- --
2012-13 Swift Current Broncos WHL 72 45 43 88 102 18 5 3 2 5 4
2012-13 St. John's IceCaps AHL 9 0 1 1 4 -1 -- -- -- -- --

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Hands of stone.

He's a defensive defenseman and you're worried about his hands?

No wonder you're in love with Roy.

I'll take a Hall Gill over a Marc Andre Bergeron any day of the week.

Kanzig admits that at the start of last year, he was told his skating was bad, so he worked on it every day, and now I'd say his skating is average at worst, or at least compared to the rest of the guys at camp. He's a hardworking guy, there's no saying that he can't improve on his passing. He's already got a shot, it's probably just not the most accurate for a guy of his skillset.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Konrad Albertschauer. Played on a stacked team. Great size and shot, decent skater. Interested to see how he translates to the pros.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If you see him play, you understand. 6'7" 241 pounds with less than 7% body fat at 18. He also skates well, and with an edge and is really good at shutting guys down. Whats not to like exactly? Roy can't even play defense.

I've seen Kanzig play and that part of your assessment is way, way off. He's a horrible skater even at the WHL level. He seriously looks Chara strong though. But man, if you think he's a good skater I question either your judgement or if you've seen him play.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'm a WHL guy, so I feel better equipped to select guys from that league. I have a gigantic man crush on Adam Lowry. Really like Shinkaruk too. I think he'll prove a lot of people wrong and be a top 10 player from this draft. I get to see those two all the time because I have season tickets for the Broncos and Tigers so I am a bit biased.

From my organization it's Gaudreau and a lot of our later picks for defensemen. I like that we've taken some boom or bust guys like Culkin, Kulak and Roy. Even if one of them reaches their potential it's well worth it.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I know too little about Thomas at this point but for me as a habs fan it's

Mccarron and Hudon.
Hudon as another 5th round steal has huge potential but again, not a big guy so curious to know if he can pan out in the pros...
and McCarron with that size and raw skill will be dominant if he can develop his hands. He was a project as a 1st round pick. At worst a 3rd line grinder, but he's making waves at the US WJC camp and there's a belief he can develop some semblance of an offensive game. I'm not saying he's lucic or lindros, but 6'5 240 lbs forwards who can score + fight / have a mean streak don't grow on trees

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
Gaudreau but I am curious to see how he does at BC this season now that they have reloaded after last season. I think he struggled somewhat after he came back from the world junior championships in the latter part of the BC season. Would like to see him dominate all season.

Analyzer*

And I'm sticking with it. He had the best shot in the Rangers franchise and everyone in Ranger discussion agreed, don't follow the Habs board at all so I wouldn't know what they have to say.

From my limited viewings, I'd say his shot is definitely lethal, but it would seem Collberg's is slightly better.

In limited viewings should be mentioned again.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I've seen Kanzig play and that part of your assessment is way, way off. He's a horrible skater even at the WHL level. He seriously looks Chara strong though. But man, if you think he's a good skater I question either your judgement or if you've seen him play.

I'm going purely off of the prospect camp. During the skating drills he didn't look out of place, nor did he look bad during the scrimmages. Small sample size I know.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Pulkinnen and McNulty. 6'6'' defenceman McNulty can skate as fast as Athanasiou (lost the link for the article, but I think it was mentionned by Malik, a Wings' writer).

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
For winnipeg, as mentioned, Adam Lowry looks like he could be a really good player.

another on ei find interesting is Cody Sol.

Unlikely to even make it to the show, but he could end up a big defender. i know that's not that interesting but he's a big boy and he's "intriguing" to keep tabs on.

Other one would be Connor Hellebuyck. Drafted out of nowhere from the Jackalopes and just had an amazing season in the NCAA. Very interested in seeing wether he can keep it up given goalies volatile performances.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'll say Kyle Bigos.

Was traded from EDM to SJS and signed with their AHL team for next season.

He's a 6'5'' 240lbs defenseman who actually has decent skating and puck skills.

Should be interesting to see him in a league where he can drop the gloves.

Aceonfire*

Jujhar Khaira

This guy has been improving faster than most of the Oiler's prospects.

He plays a big, mean game and despite his size he is fairly crafty and has good hands.

His biggest issue is his skating, but that can be taught.

He may be another hidden gem from the BCHL similar to Jamie Benn.

Hahaha, he signs with the Oilers the day after I posted this.

He totally read this and with the added confidence he left school and signed with the Oil :sarcasm:

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Michael Ferland. Good offensive skills all around. Decent skater. And one hell of a mean streak. Issues are he doesn't have his conditioning to a pro-level, and possibly an attitude issue.

He's very Lucic-esque.

Ferland would be my choice too. I think Jankowski and Gaudreau are already pretty well known. Both are intriguing, but for me Ferland is really interesting and typically overlooked.

He seems to have the tools to be a tough guy who can also score, but he has to show he wants to get to the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad