Costco Power-Plays - Mtl beats Columbus 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Ok I just did what you said. I used my reflexes as best I could, would be easier if I had access to the actual source material. If that's not a good goal then I don't know what is.

uHq6eK9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uHq6eK9.jpg

It would be nice if we could explode that shot. The war room likes to see white space between the puck and the goal line.

That shot still says inconclusive to me.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Ok I just did what you said. I used my reflexes as best I could, would be easier if I had access to the actual source material. If that's not a good goal then I don't know what is.

uHq6eK9.jpg

You've gotten closer than Sportsnet, but it's still not conclusive imo (fuzzy and not zoomed in, but almost as good as it gets). It makes sense that the only part of the puck obscuring the goal line at this point is the result of the camera being just far enough left to allow sight of the goal line under the crossbar, but I don't think we get distinct white between the puck and the line here, and that would certainly be needed to reverse a call of "goal" on the ice.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
But the "stands" vs "overturned" part is getting glossed over here, and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be part of the procedure no matter how clumsily it gets explained in the end.

Yes, and that was the most frustrating part of the whole procedure.

They should have been much more clearer during the process, and I hope that the nhl talked about this with that officiating crew after the game.

Pricef*

So what?

None of us are as good a player as George Parros is either, does that mean we aren't able to see that he's not as good as Mario Lemieux? Does it preclude us from saying George Parros sucks as a hockey player? Why do you think that you'd have to qualify as an NHL coach or broadcaster to know if these guys are any good at their jobs?

RDS employs guys who parrot idiotic comments repeatedly. I don't care what their resumes look like. Moreover, their resumes as coaches aren't good. Tremblay and Carbo are two of the worst coaches we've ever had so why should we put added stock in what they have to say when they start rambling on about ridiculous crap like having DD being better than Eller?

But to call them idiots?? Really?? You guys are to much.:laugh::laugh:

Pricef*

It's funny that people will say DD screening the goalie is useless, all that while crediting Gallagher for doing the same. If one is good, the other one too, no?

Stop it!! That goes against the agenda here. What's wrong with you.

Pricef*

And once again YOU don't have proof that it didn't cross the line either! I just find it interesting, do refs on the ice have to make a call on the ice or can they go straight to Toronto to sort out their mess? Because if the rumor is true that the call on the ice was that it was a goal then Toronto needs proof that it wasn't a goal in order to over turn the call. Not that hard to understand is it?

They do. The VIDEO NEVER SHOWS FULLY ACCROSS THE LINE. Seriously what is wrong with you people??:laugh::laugh:

Pricef*

The way it works is that the refs call on the ice stands if the video proves to be inconclusive.

In this particular instance the refs didn't call it a goal. They punted it upstairs and the video review guys didn't feel that they had incontrovertable evidence that the puck had crossed the line. They aren't supposed to guess as to whether or not it crossed, they are supposed to be certain. This one was about as close as can be.

Call could've gone either way and I think if the refs had called it a goal they would've bowed to their ruling. Unfortunately the refs didn't see it and so they passed the buck. When that happens the burden of proof becomes more stringent.

In my opinion it was a goal but I can see why they ruled the way they did and I have no problem with it.

Having read a fair bit of Nietzsche, I'm pretty sure he would've laughed at the fools at RDS too. They represent the leaders of the herd.... attacking anyone who doesn't conform within the behaviors of the pack mentality. A bit of a stretch but Subban in this analogy would represent the Overman (Superman) who they go after for his being outside the herd...

There's a philosophy paper in there somewhere.

Funny. That perfectly describes this place and the senseless MT hate.:)

Nynja*

[-img]http://i.imgur.com/uHq6eK9.jpg[/img]

Puck is still a fraction on the line, a very small amount, but the rule isnt open to interpretation: completely cross the line.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
But to call them idiots?? Really?? You guys are to much.:laugh::laugh:
If they don't want to be referred to as idiots, they should stop trying to hype up inferior players. They make idiotic arguments on a nightly basis...
Funny. That perfectly describes this place and the senseless MT hate.:)
Back to the heart of the issue (and what you still refuse to understand) there is good reason to criticize this coach. There is no reason to consistently belittle your best players (Subban) and prop up inferior ones (DD) over superior ones (Eller). Doing so amounts to propaganda.

THAT is what is senseless.

The criticisms against MT are well founded. There is good reason to say he's a bad coach and strong evidence to support it. This is not the equivalent to "blind hate." Cutting up Subban consistently however, does. And I'm not saying Subban is beyond criticsm btw, only saying that RDS plays favourites and they do it with inferior players. It just makes no sense to do this. I'm willing to cut a guy like Subban a hell of a lot more slack than I would for a guy like DD, because he's a much, much better player. But it's bizzaroworld over at RDS so...

Pricef*

If they don't want to be referred to as idiots, they should stop trying to hype up inferior players. They make idiotic arguments on a nightly basis...

Back to the heart of the issue (and what you still refuse to understand) there is good reason to criticize this coach. There is no reason to consistently belittle your best players (Subban) and prop up inferior ones (DD) over superior ones (Eller). Doing so amounts to propaganda.

THAT is what is senseless.

The criticisms against MT are well founded. There is good reason to say he's a bad coach and strong evidence to support it. This is not the equivalent to "blind hate." Cutting up Subban consistently however, does. And I'm not saying Subban is beyond criticsm btw, only saying that RDS plays favourites and they do it with inferior players. It just makes no sense to do this. I'm willing to cut a guy like Subban a hell of a lot more slack than I would for a guy like DD, because he's a much, much better player. But it's bizzaroworld over at RDS so...

This is absolutely false and just goes to the agenda on this board against MT at all cost

Nynja*

This is absolutely false and just goes to the agenda on this board against MT at all cost

How come everything that goes against you believe in is "the boards agenda"? Did you consider that if everyone seems to have an agenda against your beliefs, perhaps YOURE the one with the agenda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad