Proposal: cost of jets 2024 2nd to detroit ?

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
firstly jets 2nd is montreals 2nd so it'll be 30 something . and i dont follow any teams on a regular basis besides detroit so not sure what jets needs are . but detroit has 2 ufa in ghostisbere n sprong that could be replaced by edvinsson n bergren right away so moving them wouldnt seriously hurt detroits playoff hopes while at same time could improve detroits futures pool . so im wondering if jets would have interest in either or both ? sprong at 2$ , ghost at 4 but 50% could be retained . mean while detroit could also take back an expiring cap dump

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Winnipeg doesn't have any expiring cap dumps. Gostisbehere returned a 3rd @50% last year and that will likely be the case again, I can see Winnipeg adding a defenceman but I doubt he's the type of player they go for, don't see a place for Sprong in their lineup but he'll be a nice add for someone else

Reactions: larmex99

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I don't see Detroit trading either player while they are in the thick of a playoff hunt.
i understand its a gamble . the factors that caused me to wonder are 1- i dont want to lose sprong for nothing if he wont re-sign pre-deadline because hes become worth a good draft pick ecspecialy if a cap dumps taken back 2-bergrens seriously rockin the ahl to the point i believe he'd bring more than sprong right now 3- edvinssons not nhl ready mentally concerning his work with the puck , but without puck his size/skating/athleticism makes him as over all valuable as ghost today imo . and im focused on building a new long running core around seider rather then getting gung ho about this seasons playoffs . mean while getting futures for the two ufa might improve future core and this seasons playoff run . but ive thee advantage of seeing bergren n edvinson ahl games which you probably havent seen

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
i understand its a gamble . the factors that caused me to wonder are 1- i dont want to lose sprong for nothing if he wont re-sign pre-deadline because hes become worth a good draft pick ecspecialy if a cap dumps taken back 2-bergrens seriously rockin the ahl to the point i believe he'd bring more than sprong right now 3- edvinssons not nhl ready mentally concerning his work with the puck , but without puck his size/skating/athleticism makes him as over all valuable as ghost today imo . and im focused on building a new long running core around seider rather then getting gung ho about this seasons playoffs . mean while getting futures for the two ufa might improve future core and this seasons playoff run . but ive thee advantage of seeing bergren n edvinson ahl games which you probably havent seen
This just feels like really poor logic. You're going to get a 3rd, maybe a 2nd if you're lucky for Ghost just so you can rush your best prospect to the NHL who you admit has more to improve upon?

Swapping Sprong @50% for Berggren and getting a pick out of it would be a good move, but I also don't think Sprong's ability to score even strength goals with extremely limited ice time should be discounted, a lot of skilled players can't be effective when their minutes drop and it's hard to say if Berggren's scoring would continue with less minutes at the NHL level

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
As a Jet fan, Ghost is not type of D-man I want to add. He will not run the PP1. I would much rather go after a guy like Tanev, and push Pionk or Demelo to the third pair

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
As a Jet fan, Ghost is not type of D-man I want to add. He will not run the PP1. I would much rather go after a guy like Tanev, and push Pionk or Demelo to the third pair
Pionk to 3rd pair? Really. He's a bottom pair guy?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
firstly jets 2nd is montreals 2nd so it'll be 30 something . and i dont follow any teams on a regular basis besides detroit so not sure what jets needs are . but detroit has 2 ufa in ghostisbere n sprong that could be replaced by edvinsson n bergren right away so moving them wouldnt seriously hurt detroits playoff hopes while at same time could improve detroits futures pool . so im wondering if jets would have interest in either or both ? sprong at 2$ , ghost at 4 but 50% could be retained . mean while detroit could also take back an expiring cap dump

Detroit WILL NOT be trading Ghost or Sprong if we are in a playoff spot at the deadline. Teams trying to make the playoffs generally don't trade pending UFA's unless they are sending them out for another player. HIGHLY unlikely Yzerman is switching from Ghost/Sprong for Ed/Berg at this point in the season. Berg is likely traded between the deadline and draft is my thought.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I don't see Detroit trading either player while they are in the thick of a playoff hunt.
Ghost would be a much more likelier player to be moved over sprong.

I honestly hope sprong gets a 3 year deal and stays with the team on a lower salary like 3-4 million. Brings waaay to much for the actual TOI he is there to just let him go

This just feels like really poor logic. You're going to get a 3rd, maybe a 2nd if you're lucky for Ghost just so you can rush your best prospect to the NHL who you admit has more to improve upon?

Swapping Sprong @50% for Berggren and getting a pick out of it would be a good move, but I also don't think Sprong's ability to score even strength goals with extremely limited ice time should be discounted, a lot of skilled players can't be effective when their minutes drop and it's hard to say if Berggren's scoring would continue with less minutes at the NHL level
Edvinsson is defensively sound and very much ready for the nhl. He would be extremely reliable in a odd man rushes against (which we rank near the top of....yay) and he can defend in his zone very well. If anything, his judgment on carrying the puck and going for that highlight reel play by juggling through multiple defenders is what is hurting him. Even though he usually at minimum get's into the zone and either spins off or makes a play to send the puck around the boards to an open wing.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Detroit WILL NOT be trading Ghost or Sprong if we are in a playoff spot at the deadline. Teams trying to make the playoffs generally don't trade pending UFA's unless they are sending them out for another player. HIGHLY unlikely Yzerman is switching from Ghost/Sprong for Ed/Berg at this point in the season. Berg is likely traded between the deadline and draft is my thought.
ah okay good. so we are trading ghost for kyle connor?

big if true

Reactions: Oddbob

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Neither help the Jets. Pass.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If Detroit wants to resign either, they’ll likely do so prior to the deadline. That seems to be the way Yzerman has approached his pending UFAs. If they don’t, they’ll certainly listen but Ghost has them by the short ones a little bit here, because of the PP time he gets, and they really don’t have a replacement.

Sprong would help any team. Don’t let anyone pretend he wouldn’t. Guy just produces over the last couple of years. It’s no longer a fluke type thing. Two years is who you are as a player, and it’s why he keeps getting more opportunities these days.

My guess is, they’ll sign Sprong prior to the deadline, and Ghost will stay through the year UNLESS Detroit makes a move on the blue line. If they do, he’s likely traded, if that new player can take his PP time.

They should expect a 3rd for him.

Sprong would be interesting. Secondary scoring and depth dmen is what people are after every deadline. He’s as secondary scoring as it gets. Maybe they’d get two 3s or a prospect for him, rather than just a 3rd, but safe to say a 3rd. That line has been real good though, so I’d expect him to stay.

Perron is the sneaky one they might move regardless. With Kane, it’s doubtful he gets another contract, and when Kane is in, Perron loses the most Top 6 minutes. Didn’t think they’d move him because of who he is in the locker room, but we’ll see.

A lot of what they do, will be determined by, if they make a big move or not, and who comes and goes. Expect any additions they make, to be contract players for next season. Doubt they’ll grab any rentals. Even if they trade for Hanifin, it will be to give him a new contract as well.

Reactions: deca guard

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
If Detroit wants to resign either, they’ll likely do so prior to the deadline. That seems to be the way Yzerman has approached his pending UFAs. If they don’t, they’ll certainly listen but Ghost has them by the short ones a little bit here, because of the PP time he gets, and they really don’t have a replacement.

Sprong would help any team. Don’t let anyone pretend he wouldn’t. Guy just produces over the last couple of years. It’s no longer a fluke type thing. Two years is who you are as a player, and it’s why he keeps getting more opportunities these days.

My guess is, they’ll sign Sprong prior to the deadline, and Ghost will stay through the year UNLESS Detroit makes a move on the blue line. If they do, he’s likely traded, if that new player can take his PP time.

Sprong would be interesting. Secondary scoring and depth dmen is what people are after every deadline. He’s as secondary scoring as it gets. Maybe they’d get two 3s or a prospect for him, rather than just a 3rd, but safe to say a 3rd. That line has been real good though, so I’d expect him to stay.

Perron is the sneaky one they might move regardless. With Kane, it’s doubtful he gets another contract, and when Kane is in, Perron loses the most Top 6 minutes. Didn’t think they’d move him because of who he is in the locker room, but we’ll see.

A lot of what they do, will be determined by, if they make a big move or not, and who comes and goes. Expect any additions they make, to be contract players for next season. Doubt they’ll grab any rentals. Even if they trade for Hanifin, it will be to give him a new contract as well.
now i see what you mean about ghost on powerplay . and i like sprong but dont want to lose for nothing is main reason i thought of this because if im him im testing market this summer no matter what yzerman offers before then because like your saying hes showed past 2 years hes basically a 20+ goal scorer at age 26 adding up to a rock solid contract offer of say 4 years

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Not like moving Mo to PP1 and Walman or Ed to PP2 aren't options....

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Jets RHD moves are pretty much limited to trading assets plus Schmidt (as salary) for a really good top-4 RHD in the off-season, or a really solid right-shot depth guy to fill in for injuries for a late round pick at the deadline. Realistically we aren’t going to get much better than DeMelo/Plonk/Schmidt/Heinola down the right going into the playoffs, so why waste valuable assets?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Jets RHD moves are pretty much limited to trading assets plus Schmidt (as salary) for a really good top-4 RHD in the off-season, or a really solid right-shot depth guy to fill in for injuries for a late round pick at the deadline. Realistically we aren’t going to get much better than DeMelo/Plonk/Schmidt/Heinola down the right going into the playoffs, so why waste valuable assets?
I think getting Tanev would be a good add for them

Reactions: Bladerunner62

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Not like moving Mo to PP1 and Walman or Ed to PP2 aren't options....
Sure they can do that, but Ghost currently being PP1, can’t be ignored. They started the season with the other two in those spots.

Just saying if they haven’t acquired someone to replace what he does, is it really worth a 3rd round pick to lose him? Not in a playoff race.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00