Cossa vs Wallstedt

Cossa or Wallstedt

• Total voters

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The two top goalie prospects in the 2021 draft. Seemed like most scouts had Wallstedt higher, though it was closer to 50/50 by draft day. Cossa obviously went higher.

Who has the better career?

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Anyone making a definitive statement one way or the other is jumping the gun.As a wings fan, I'm completely fine with taking Cossa where they did, hes bigger and more athletic but Wallstedt went right in the same range and isnt a slouch either

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Before the draft I would have said Wallstedt, but Cossa's post-draft interview made me change my mind.

"I'm going to be the best goalie of the draft so I think I was drafted at the right spot" etc.

Just love the kid's confidence and swagger.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Before the draft I would have said Wallstedt, but Cossa's post-draft interview made me change my mind.

"I'm going to be the best goalie of the draft so I think I was drafted at the right spot" etc.

Don't wanna sound like a douche but are you sure it was the interview and not the fact your team drafted him that made you change your mind:laugh:

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Wallstedt is clearly more talented Goalie, but Cossa is athletic 6'6 Goalie.
If Yzerman sees Cossa having more potential then it may be true, cause Steve isn't stupid mediocre NHL GM but one of the best GMs in the whole league.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Post-draft "confident" interviews don't really mean much. Remember Zadina's "I'm going to fill their nets with pucks" comment. We are all still patiently waiting for the net-filling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad