Cory Schneider

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Sweeney, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

Home Page:
    Does Anyone Have Seen Him Play?
    What Are His Good Points And Points?
    Any information about him could be great!
    Thanks

2. Stock Rocks

Stock Rocks Registered User

Home Page:
    I've seen him play about ten times over the past two seasons.

Positives- Size, athleticism both combine to make him very tough to beat. Very good positioning and always seems to come up with the big save. Makes a lot of tough saves look routine. Carried the team on his back- stopped 96% of the shots he faced on a team that didn't get a lot of offense. Was elected captain by team as a goalie...speaks a lot to his character and maturity.

Negatives- I saw him give up a few goals to the glove side- definitely not his strength. Had a tendency to run around and try to do too much with puckhandling- was caught out of the net on occasion and burned for goals.

Overall- STUD goalie. Underrated because he's coming out of prep, but should be a surefire 1st-rounder because of his strong play in Minsk. All he did was make saves whenever I saw him, and his team was outplayed by a wide margin in those games, yet, he only lost two of the 10 games I witnessed. Serious wow factor and could be a guy who gets BC another championship if he plays as well at the next level.

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

Home Page:
    Thanks for the information, so i'm hoping that Rimouski deal with him, imagine the visibility that Schneider will have if he's on the same team than Sidney Crosby, he wont be no more underated :jump:

4. Chief

Chief Registered User

5. cagney

cagney cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I've heard that Boston College was so impressed with his performance at the U18's this year that they've decided to bring him in this year instead of in 2005. I'd imagine that this means he'll challenge Matti Kaltiainen for the starting job.

6. PMP5030

PMP5030 Registered User

If Schneider's as good as advertised he probably will win the starting job for BC. Kaltianen has a very bad habit of letting in about 1 soft goal a game, BC tried to keep the shots against him low, but ultimately it still hurt them.

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

Home Page:
    Sorry for all of you, Schneider will carry the memorial cup next year in a Rimouski Oceanic Jacket :yo: :jump:

8. DR. Holiday

DR. Holiday Guest

I hope you know more about him than Ladd. This comment from Ladds "scouting report" (lol) "Seeing him out there in his #9 sweater has lead more than one observer to liken him to Adam Graves"
    To bad he is number 19 not 9. Maybe send a guy to a game. :lol:

9. Chief

Chief Registered User

Believe me, our WHL scout has been getting a lot of grief for that over the last few days! What happened was the person editing the final text thought he was making the sentence a better read but, instead, screwed it up! And when the one person who can make a change to your site is halfway across the world at a convention, well, things just don't get fixed as fast as you'd like!

10. Chief

Chief Registered User

The Ladd profile has been corrected...and, seriously, if anyone else sees any mistakes, please contact us, so we can correct them...you can find contact info on the website.

Last edited: May 12, 2004
  11. Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers ordinary corrupt human love

corporate drone
    I somehow doubt that..

12. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

Home Page:
    Not Me

13. DR. Holiday

DR. Holiday Guest

Good cover

14. Oilers Chick

Oilers Chick Registered User

Home Page:
    You're also forgetting about Joe Pearce. Are you saying that Pearce won't be in the mix/fighting for the starting job next season either?

15. Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers ordinary corrupt human love

corporate drone
    Eh, Schnieder is still better than Joe. Joe played ahead of my cousin at Brick Highschool in New Jersey until he moved on. He's always been a good goalie and I'm pretty sure he'll make the NHL. But, even at this age, Schnieder is still better if you ask me.

16. X-SHARKIE

X-SHARKIE Registered User

Home Page:
    I talked with Cory this summer at a Green Bay Gamblers camp....it sounded like he was comited to going there.....Did this change?

17. Kirk- NEHJ

Kirk- NEHJ Registered User

U.S. Army
    Home Page:
    Yes.

The moment BC comes calling and says, "We want you here in the fall- forget the USHL," he's going to do that. Nothing against Green Bay or the USHL, but he wants to get to school sooner rather than later.

There is a possibility that Matti Kaltiainen will turn pro and play in the SM-Liiga next year, so that would certainly open up a chance for Schneider to be at Chestnut Hill next season.

Education is a big priority of his. He could have left Phillips-Andover for the USHL this year, but chose to stay because he isn't focused on taking the best path to the NHL, but rather, the best path that will help him in life if pro hockey doesn't work out.

He's got a real good head on his shoulders.

18. Hockeypuck

Hockeypuck Guest

If Pearce starts for BC this year they are in trouble. Kaltiainen is an average goalie,but is head and shoulders better than Pearce from what I saw and if Schneider is what he's cracked up to be then I don't think Pearce would beat him out.

19. catcher

catcher Registered User

Home Page:
    I remember someone making a comment last season about Pearce's weak glove hand. Now you're saying Schneider also has a weak glove hand. What's up with that? I hope they givePearce a chance to play next season. I would think he's earned it. He can't be too happy with this situation, though.

20. pei fan

pei fan Registered User

What exactly do you doubt? That Schneider will play in Rimouski or that they
    will win the Memorial Cup if he does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.