Value of: Cory Schneider

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Schneider is injured and had surgery and the timeline puts him as coming back early October.

I doubt he’s moving anywhere this off-season. Maybe the Devils deal one of him and Kinkaid mid-season, but that would be incredibly tough to predict.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Isn't Ward a UFA?
And no we are not taking Darling at $4.1M x 3!
I see Kinky and Zacha for Hanifin, let's add to that to get TT

Kinkaid, Zacha, + for Hanifin and TT is absolutely terrible for the Canes. Remove the + and TT, that's still not appealing to the Canes.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Kinkaid, Zacha, + for Hanifin and TT is absolutely terrible for the Canes. Remove the + and TT, that's still not appealing to the Canes.
No I know that but our 1st at 17 this year is terrible? or ++. I was not looking to get them for nothing, those are our needs thats what I posted

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
No I know that but our 1st at 17 this year is terrible? or ++. I was not looking to get them for nothing, those are our needs thats what I posted

If I'm understanding the full package, yeah.

1st round pick (#17), Zacha, & Kinkaid
TT & Hanifin.

Breaking it down, TT is worth more than #17 to the Canes (or more than Zacha)
Hanifin is worth more than Zacha&Kinkaid (or more than Kinkaid +1st)

Anyway you spin it, it's bad. Take out TT, I still don't know if Canes go in that direction. Something tells me they don't value Kinkaid and Zacha the same way. While Kinkaid was steady for NJ, his numbers weren't really good and from what I saw closing out the final stretch of the season, it seemed like they just seemed to win games in front of him while the team played effortless in front of Schneider. He went in as the starting goalie for the playoffs and didn't finish as the starting goalie. I'm not taking anything away from him because he was a huge piece to them making the playoffs, but at 28 he's played a little over 100 games, so it's a bit unknown how well he'd perform in a #1 role and if his numbers would improve.

Just my take on it.

Reactions: Smitty426

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad