Corsi, Plus/Minus and Grossman

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Not directly related to the question at hand, but I would also note that Grossman literally looks like a different player from last year. His skating is stronger and he's even handling the puck almost like a real NHL player. I know people were saying that he was seen in a walking boot last year so I have to assume that he was playing hurt for much of the time.

He's Swedish. That part is natural to him.

He's still ridiculously slow and has poor focus/hockey IQ. Wayyyyy too mistake prone and out of position too much.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
He's healthier than he has ever been as a Flyer right now. That certainly helps his skating a little bit. Puck handling hasn't changed but he now gets that little extra fraction of a second to whack at the puck which reduces turnovers :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The saddest Grossmann moment of the year, for me, was about 7-12 games ago. He is near the crease. Puck at his feet. He is unpressured. He wildly flails at the puck backhanded for a blind clear. He fails...completely whiffs. Winds up, tries again...looks like he doesn't get all of it. Goes to center ice, and is picked up by the other team. He's at the end of his shift, and trapped in his end because of it. Thing is, he was unpressured. He had time to get the puck on his forehand, and make a pass. Best case scenario he gets it in the sweet spot in their end and gets off the ice. Most likely, if he doesn't fail on the attempt? Icing.

It was just really sad watching a pro hockey player swing and miss, swing and almost miss. It was mystifying to watch. ECHL players are better than that. Southern Hockey League players are better than that. The 5 year old neighbor who highsticked everyone in sight playing street hockey in my neighborhood was better than that.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Grossmann reminds me of that slow fat kid in gym class that doesn't know how to play hockey so ya just stick him back on defense; then every time the puck comes to him, he just launches it all the way down court despite having numerous teammates open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad