OT: Coronavirus XXXVII: Where's The Vaccines? We Were Promised Vaccines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I asked this in the Stalock thread but I'll ask it here too...why does Stalock still have to quarantine after being deemed long-recovered from Covid? It doesn't make sense to me if someone already had it they're still forced to quarantine.

Reactions: oilers'72

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Health Canada will announce the approval of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose Covid vaccine on Friday, CBC News reported, citing sources.

The vaccine, which was found to be 66% effective in preventing moderate to severe Covid-19 in a global trial, has already been authorised for use in the US, with an EUdecision due this month, according to Reuters.
It is reported in the guardian's live feed.
https://www.theguardian.com/

Reactions: bellagiobob

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Yup, everything is rolling along nicely now. I know my family has all of our summer plans lined up and looking forward to getting our vaccines.

I wouldnt get to excited, old folks that are fully vaccinated still cant do anything? Cant visit family? Cant leave there rooms?

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Yup, everything is rolling along nicely now. I know my family has all of our summer plans lined up and looking forward to getting our vaccines.

I wouldnt get to excited, old folks that are fully vaccinated still cant do anything? Cant visit family? Cant leave there rooms?

It's because they aren't really vaccines. Vaccines provide immunity as per the strict definition.

A great many of these shots are preventing the worst outcomes in around 60-95% of the people that take it.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

Not enough people are vaccinated yet. It will change when enough are. Its nearly all good news now. Enjoy your summer. My family is going to.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I have enjoyed every day since last Feb actually, nothing has changed for me

Glad to hear it. Me as well. Some challenges with schooling with my kids, but overall we have been very fortunate to have stable employment for both of us, avoided getting ill, and were able to do all kinds of new things this year as we pivoted to covid19-friendly activities. Many people have had it much worse.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Glad to hear it. Me as well. Some challenges with schooling with my kids, but overall we have been very fortunate to have stable employment for both of us, avoided getting ill, and were able to do all kinds of new things this year as we pivoted to covid19-friendly activities. Many people have had it much worse.

Thats good, im glad I still see all my family even though the dumb government thinks other wise. No social gatherings is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Def dont follow those rules. They can kiss my ass.

Reactions: oilers'72 and DaGap

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Thats good, im glad I still see all my family even though the dumb government thinks other wise. No social gatherings is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Def dont follow those rules. They can kiss my ass.

Our family adapted and did a lot of stuff remotely. Wasn't a big deal at all. We have already booked a trip to Tofino for August to celebrate.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Of course. Rules don't apply to you.

Its this attitude which keeps the spread going. Not only putting others at risk but helping to fk up the economy for longer.

Enjoy yourself.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Of course. Rules don't apply to you.

Its this attitude which keeps the spread going. Not only putting others at risk but helping to fk up the economy for longer.

Enjoy yourself.

Lol if you mean that Gov overreacted to a slightly more deadly version of the flu then sure.

Can't wait till we have a repeat of 2018 and Everything must shutdown because the ICU's are overwhelmed

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Lol if you mean that Gov overreacted to a slightly more deadly version of the flu then sure.

Can't wait till we have a repeat of 2018 and Everything must shutdown because the ICU's are overwhelmed
Of course, rules don't apply to you.

I could come up with a dozen ways to say the shutdowns are wrong as well but it doesn't change the fact there are shutdowns and until stats drop it will not change.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Of course, rules don't apply to you.

I could come up with a dozen ways to say the shutdowns are wrong as well but it doesn't change the fact there are shutdowns and until stats drop it will not change.

You gonna be very upset next fall

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
You gonna be very upset next fall
And the one after that maybe. I'll do my best regardless. Gov has asked for my help I will step up. Whether they are right or wrong I suppose.

Normally I wouldn't care what you do at all. I have been rebellious and not caring about the rules. You and many yous affect my life and livelihood and its unfair in this instance. My actions by following the rules in this don't affect you. We're not talking about a revolution here, it doesn't need a stand.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
And the one after that maybe. I'll do my best regardless. Gov has asked for my help I will step up. Whether they are right or wrong I suppose.

Normally I wouldn't care what you do at all. I have been rebellious and not caring about the rules. You and many yous affect my life and livelihood and its unfair in this instance. My actions by following the rules in this don't affect you. We're not talking about a revolution here, it doesn't need a stand.

Heh nothing like trying to pin something on the healthy. Worst pandemic ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad