OT: Coronavirus VI: Keep it on Topic and Off of Politics, Politics Are Ruining These Threads (See OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I may be behind the times, but the refresh rate on my laptop sucks on this site. Lots of double posts. Pretty sure its my gear.

eoQK5UGVhgqYxA9H2mQYnYzRjPX8fCvDGFYLTGJsqis_xnCppgv_l7bTLuLNWi0ybia_6XnIvfpguJ8iR61nIuHCcOZSNMecXxr594nWBN_FT2TvbHMaPIr-ppfsX8JDEI8MGTr4lESrU364kg

Pretty sure that bad boy wont run Catalina.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ohhh dont remind me of Kelly. That was the Edmonton draft when we took Laraque in the 3rd round I think. I was in the stand for the draft that day. Everyone was chanting Doan, Doan....Sather says Steve Kelly and the place just deflated.

Those were (are?) the days they thought they were smarter than everyone else in the room. At least they still got Smyth out of that draft I think.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Had to laugh at this. I wonder is Guymez is outraged.

I guess if you die in Florida it doesn't really happen unless you are a resident.

Reactions: frag2

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Every Lions season is a zombie apocalypse. ;)

Actually, I'm really looking forward to the draft as I'm sure millions of sports fans (even non NFL fans) are. The Lions at 3 is the most intriguing part of the draft. I'm hoping they trade down to a team wanting Tua and collect a bunch of extra picks but I'm sure they'll bungle it somehow.
I used to be pretty heavily invested into watching and cheering for the Lions.

Mostly cause Calvin Johnson is my favorite player ever, his athleticism was next level.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah I use an anti-virus still too, but it's still reassuring to know that a good chunk of viruses can't infect the Mac. Never thought humanity would be more vulnerable to a virus than Windows...

I've never heard of Parallels tbh...

Parallels is the Apple recommended Windows emulation software. Works like a hot damn actually, without having to partition the hard drive. I use Windows just for these series of war-games I mentioned and anytime I have to install an update or buy a new game in the series I break out into cold sweats wondering if it installed properly lol. So different than a Mac OS. Makes me love my Mac even more...

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
In my mind I was like, "I was a youngster when we got one in '92...that's not that long ago."

Then I was like ooooh, yeah...that WAS awhile ago.

giphy.gif

I'm old enough to remember having Apple IIe's in my school "computer lab."

Do those still even exist anymore?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
In my mind I was like, "I was a youngster when we got one in '92...that's not that long ago."

Then I was like ooooh, yeah...that WAS awhile ago.

giphy.gif

That makes me feel realllly old lol. I had the old Mac 512K. Thought I’d never need more computing power than that lol.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

These are actually what was in our engineering computer lab i back when I went to school. lol

upload_2020-4-11_21-9-50.jpeg

Reactions: Cloned

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I'm old enough to remember sliderules in the *Computer* room and Reel 2 Reel Film projectors in the Audiovisual room..

On s positive note can you imagine being able to watch the Canada vs Russia Supersummit series in Social Studies!

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
On s positive note can you imagine being able to watch the Canada vs Russia Supersummit series in Social Studies!

Each generation has its own unique ups and downs in school.

I remember watching 9/11 happen live in social studies. :(

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

That sucks. Least we had good things to watch like Moon Landings, best ever hockey series etc as well as it being the 70's and being able to scream "Schools out for Summer" and have it not even be retro. heady times. You would have different musical choices if you grew up then. heh

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That sucks. Least we had good things to watch like Moon Landings, best ever hockey series etc as well as it being the 70's and being able to scream "Schools out for Summer" and have it not even be retro. heady times. You would have different musical choices if you grew up then. heh

My musical choices would probably always be iffy no matter which generation I was born in. ;)

At least we didn't have to go through nuclear bomb drills though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My musical choices would probably always be iffy no matter which generation I was born in. ;)

At least we didn't have to go through nuclear bomb drills though.

They tried to get us rejects to do that. We knew better. This little wooden desk ain't saving us. We would go nuts, getting us types hyped up was a bad idea at the best of times. We had a fire drill once and they shut the school down for the rest of the day because shit got real. heh.

I remember one field trip where they threatened to leave us animals at Al Oemings Game farm. They be like "we're never doing another field trip ever, ever, ever, you hear that ever"

I mean how is that even going to help control out of control hordes? Its like at that point go full balls out like theres no tomorrow. We had School bus drivers refuse to take us heathens back to the city. WE got to meet Al himself to calm us down. We were running around apeshit in every direction and they couldn't corral us. Teachers running after kids not having a clue what to do. We were anarchists before our time.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

I remember being out in an oilfield at Fox Creek listening on 630 Ched. Sounded like the world was ending from afar. No TV until end of day when I got out.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They tried to get us rejects to do that. We knew better. This little wooden desk ain't saving us. We would go nuts, getting us types hyped up was a bad idea at the best of times. We had a fire drill once and they shut the school down for the rest of the day because shit got real. heh.

I remember one field trip where they threatened to leave us animals at Al Oemings Game farm. They be like "we're never doing another field trip ever, ever, ever, you hear that ever"

I mean how is that even going to help control out of control hordes? Its like at that point go full balls out like theres no tomorrow. We had School bus drivers refuse to take us heathens back to the city. WE got to meet Al himself to calm us down. We were running around apeshit in every direction and they couldn't corral us. Teachers running after kids not having a clue what to do. We were anarchists before our time.

For some reason I can actually picture this, lol.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Prime Boris Mironov would be the best defenseman on the Oilers today.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I remember being out in an oilfield at Fox Creek listening on 630 Ched. Sounded like the world was ending from afar. No TV until end of day when I got out.

It was surreal watching it live. Couldn't believe what was happening at the time.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders

I was out in wpg driving truck and was told to go back to prince albert as wwIII was a possibility and we were to stick close to home until further notice. As per the company I was working for at the time. But ya driving back it seemed like it was a very serious situation.

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad