OT: Coronavirus. NHL conference call with announcement shortly after

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I doubt the death toll will climb much higher. It's just not that deadly.

We are three months in and are hovering around 4-5k? That's after it sprinted through China and Italy decided that everyone who tested positive died because of it...

IMO, we probably wont see a hundred deaths in Canada.

I could be wrong, but articles such as this from the NY Post certainly suggest that I am on to something.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/98-year-old-chinese-woman-cured-of-coronavirus-in-wuhan/

She is 98 with no underlying health conditions. I'm pretty sure Tom Hanks will be just fine.

I'm not sure if you're trying to downplay the positive effects of a complete lock down or don't fully grasp the concept.

The virus has a 5-14+ day incubation period. For about two and half weeks after the lockdown started, new cases and deaths were skyrocketing. After about three weeks, they dropped to 10% of it's peak. After a month, it's down to about 3% of it's peak.

It's not like the virus has run through all of China and now most of the population is immune. They've just simply been in quarantine for over a month and haven't had it spread to them.

China's data isn't going to be representative of what happens over here because they won't do a complete lockdown like China did.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Our borders to the US, and everywhere else, should be shut for all things that aren't critical (food, medical supplies, etc). Travelling for leisure or non-essential business should be stopped immediately.

The US should do the same, our governor has tried to have cruise ships stop coming to Hawaii but it's up to Trump to make that call. We had 2 f***ing cruise ships on Maui this week.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
no one has the balls or even capacity to quarantine even a hundred people....Canada...US...doesnt matter. PM, Trump, local doctor...doesnt matter.

Last I heard the US is quarantining a lot of people maybe even thousands from that cruise ship outside of Oakland.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Issues in Canada are more likely to be a result of the US just handling this situation like having a toddler do you taxes.

If I am reading correctly that there have been no travel bans or restrictions for Canadians then IMO that is beyond stupid and even worse than the piss poor handling of it in the US. Ultimately China really f***ed everyone and should face the brunt of everyone's ire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot