Cormier

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Gotta feel bad for Cormier.

He had basically made the team last year (he even went on the team building trips) until they claimed MacLean off waivers. Now he's in the AHL and is probably 3rd in line to get called up - behind Machacek and Macenauer, ahead of Jaffray, Maxwell and Klingberg.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
I know that the hockey news, among others I assume, not too long ago had Cormier listed as the organization's top prospect (prior to drafting Scheifele) Now it seems he's a bit of a forgotten man. But circumstances and perceptions of prospects change frequently. Last year everyone wanted to talk about Telegin as the big up and comer in the organization.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Gotta feel bad for Cormier.

He had basically made the team last year (he even went on the team building trips) until they claimed MacLean off waivers. Now he's in the AHL and is probably 3rd in line to get called up - behind Machacek and Macenauer, ahead of Jaffray, Maxwell and Klingberg.

I don't get feeling bad or sorry for a guy. Pro hockey is their chosen profession. There are approx 700 roster spots at the top level (NHL) and many X's that amount at other levels in N.A. and around the world. There literally 1000's of hard luck stories. To get paid to play hockey you need to slot in somewhere.

In terms of Cormier he is just on the outside of the top level and has had a shot at that level and didn't stick. His current production does not warrant another shot at this time, especially with a deeper Jets lineup. I wouldn't be surprised if he was part of a trade package somewhere down the line to a team that thought he could play a role.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I really hope Cormier can figure it out and put it all together for himself. I'd love to see him make the Jets one day (soon would be great) as a mean, physical, pest who is willing to drop the gloves. He's got good size for the role too. I'd love to see him really embrace that pest/grinder role and plant himself on the 4th line on Slater's wing.

I'm not saying I want a goon, but I do love guys who can play an extremely physical game and get under the opposing teams skin. The kind of guys you absolutely hate to play against, dread playing against because you just know how much of a pain in the ass they are, but you love them on your team because they can play the game honest and not hurt the team.

In a perfect world for me, we see Anthony Peluso engrave himself in that role as well. Perhaps next season.

Cormier - Slater - Peluso

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad