Value of: Corey Perry

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
lol at the poster saying he can't and won't be traded... what about Hall???

either way he is only 31 and I would take him as our 1st line rw any day of the week.

signed Maple Leafs

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I could see the Jets making an offer for his dunk-tank rights, or perhaps the right to throw pies at him. Laine still hasn't recovered fully from his scummy little slew foot at the WHC. Jets fans would line up for miles to hand over 20 bucks a pop. New arena courtesy of Katy!

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
His value is probably a 3 1st rounders or 1 or 2 and a young hyped prospect or two.

But when you talk trade, with salaries, then it becomes more difficult.

Maybe a team deals a slightly younger star, say 27-28 year old earning 5-6 per year and throws in a prospect and pick.

So his value in Pez candy is like 1,000,000,000.
His value in a vacuum is some good youngsters and picks.
His value in the real world? Contracts matter and there has to be the right fit. Is Larson really worth Hall?

Shadow Flyer

Why So Serious?
Aug 2, 2008
The Interwebs
recency bias.

It's just recency bias. These last playoffs he was very, very underwhelming.

Yea, the "what have you done for me lately?" syndrome.

I get it, he wasn't good this past postseason. He needed to be better and he wasn't, so some fans are understandably ticked. Seven game sample size is a dangerous way to place value on a player, though. I'd take Perry on my team any day.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Are the Detroit and LA series recency bias? He was just as much of a no show then.

Close to tying in game 7? The same Corey Perry who had 0 goals all series, decides to take every shot in the last 2 minutes instead of passing to wide open teammates (Fowler).

mytduxfan*

Are the Detroit and LA series recency bias? He was just as much of a no show then.

Close to tying in game 7? The same Corey Perry who had 0 goals all series, decides to take every shot in the last 2 minutes instead of passing to wide open teammates (Fowler).

And that's all on Perry? It had nothing to do with the fact that Rakell was completely broken and probably shouldn't have been playing?

Perry isn't a playoff no-show. You want a playoff no-show go look up Nash or Ladd's numbers.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Yes, they are because you aren't looking at the entirety of the playoffs. A player isn't a no show for an entire playoffs because he has a bad series. That's just the nature of goal scorers. They run hot and cold.

I'm not going to pretend Perry hasn't had some bad playoff series, but calling him a playoff no show is simply wrong. In fact, I'd say that your examples prove even further that it's recency bias, because you're only looking at the last series of those playoffs.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Yes, they are because you aren't looking at the entirety of the playoffs. A player isn't a no show for an entire playoffs because he has a bad series. That's just the nature of goal scorers. They run hot and cold.

I'm not going to pretend Perry hasn't had some bad playoff series, but calling him a playoff no show is simply wrong. In fact, I'd say that your examples prove even further that it's recency bias, because you're only looking at the last series of those playoffs.

I'll give you the LA year since he was fine against Dallas. T

The Ducks lost vs Detroit in the first round, and his disappearing act was almost a mirror image of his series this year.

But I guess I'm just cherry picking that year and this year, in that case.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'll give you the LA year since he was fine against Dallas. T

The Ducks lost vs Detroit in the first round, and his disappearing act was almost a mirror image of his series this year.

But I guess I'm just cherry picking that year and this year, in that case.

I'm not questioning that he has had some disappointing playoff series. I don't think any Anaheim fan would deny that. It just doesn't seem fair, or accurate, to call him a playoff no-show. He's been good for us more often than he's been bad. The bad might stand out more, especially given the expectations we have for him, but they don't erase the times he's been a good player for us in the playoffs.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Perry is worth more to us than most teams would offer, let's leave it at that.

Some teams don't want him at our price tag, some teams don't want him at the fair price tag, and the rest of the teams don't want him at any price tag.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Bobby Ryan was 26 years old when he was traded to the Sens. Perry is 31 and makes 8.625 mil for another 5 years until he is 36.

I would respectfully disagree that he nets anything like Ryans return and again refer to me original post that any and all offers would be insulting to Duck fans.

Perry is a far better player than Ryan could ever dream of being and even with his age and contract he would land a good package.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
I can't believe I'm saying this but with the right return I'd be open to moving Perry or Getzlaf simply due to the fact that their contracts really limit the Ducks ability to round out a complete roster. It's not their faults as they are getting paid fair value but rather our cheap ass billionaire owners who refuse to spend to the cap.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
I can't believe I'm saying this but with the right return I'd be open to moving Perry or Getzlaf simply due to the fact that their contracts really limit the Ducks ability to round out a complete roster. It's not their faults as they are getting paid fair value but rather our cheap ass billionaire owners who refuse to spend to the cap.

stoner and bieksa type contracts limit our ability to round out the roster.

getz and perry are part of the core contracts you build around.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
stoner and bieksa type contracts limit our ability to round out the roster.

getz and perry are part of the core contracts you build around.

While their contracts certainly contribute to that, it really boils down to the inability and willingness of our owners to not open up their wallets. The minimal amounts Stoner and Bieska are overpaid shouldn't have that much bearing on what we can and can't do. They are such penny punchers that we are relegated to playing hardball with our own RFA's, signing old washed up aging veterans to minimal amounts, and now are forced to move a young asset on a great contract to try to get and couple more cheap pieces to fill out our forward roster all while staying at some weak internal budget.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad