Corey Perry

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
What Corey Perry did was absolute bush league. Firing a puck into the net about 5 seconds after being offside. Does this not warrant at the least a fine let alone a possible suspension? I haven't seen that in years. Perry is lucky to be walking right now. Any thoughts?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Whatever. A very good player that's always been a bit of a baby. A small, harmless tantrum. I wouldn't do it myself but whatever.

hail2ducks

Dec 10, 2009
Whatever. A very good player that's always been a bit of a baby. A small, harmless tantrum. I wouldn't do it myself but whatever.

if you are competitive, known as a pest that absolutely hates losing, that has won the MVP award, Rocket, Gold Medals, Stanley cup...you would do it to haha.

nothing but love for your team guys, but I love Corey Perry, and if he was on your team, you would love him to

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Meh.
Perry being Perry.
Save the fines for real infractions.
It violates the "code", and these teams will meet again next year. But I think a fine would be overkill.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Someone should have given him a face wash and the refs should have turned a blind eye.... It's the code

But since the refs Suck we would prob end up with a 2 minute penalty so we can't risk it.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can't wait to see Perry piss off players when he plays for team Canada in Sochi.

He is a great players & does what ever it takes to win.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It amuses me how Perry acts confused every time he gets called on being a ******.

Big picture - play was settled in the scrum IMO.

Agree with both sentiments.

And I'd be happy to have him on the Jets, whiny nature and all.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Someone should have given him a face wash and the refs should have turned a blind eye.... It's the code

But since the refs Suck we would prob end up with a 2 minute penalty so we can't risk it.

Wait. What?
This isn't a hypothetical. We DID face was him, and then proceeded to try and punch him (granted with gloves on) and after all that, he got the penalty and the puck went back to the ducks zone, ending the game.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Wait. What?
This isn't a hypothetical. We DID face was him, and then proceeded to try and punch him (granted with gloves on) and after all that, he got the penalty and the puck went back to the ducks zone, ending the game.

FWIW, gloves on is way worse than gloves off. We more likely to get cut when a guy has his gloves on than off.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It was a ***** move, but it was settled on the ice. It's not often Perry gets frustrated like that.

Perry ALWAYS throws tantrums like that. He is a little baby like that. Between that, his cheap shots, his turtling I just cannot understand why he is more hated. Talented player, but for sure a little *****.

That being said that little shot after whistle is nowhere near close worthy of supplemental discipline.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Perry ALWAYS throws tantrums like that. He is a little baby like that. Between that, his cheap shots, his turtling I just cannot understand why he is more hated. Talented player, but for sure a little *****.

That being said that little shot after whistle is nowhere near close worthy of supplemental discipline.

I meant frustrated as in couldn't solve Pavelec last night. Perry is used to scoring.

nic16

Jan 7, 2014
You put this in the memory bank so the next time you play him and he ends up in your crease, you give him a little taste of your blocker....and then smile and say now we're even.

JSR84

Displaced Jets fan.
May 31, 2011
Victoria
What Corey Perry did was absolute bush league. Firing a puck into the net about 5 seconds after being offside. Does this not warrant at the least a fine let alone a possible suspension? I haven't seen that in years. Perry is lucky to be walking right now. Any thoughts?

Fined? Suspended? COME ON! I agree it was a stupid thing to do, but the Jets settled it on the ice. Give your head a shake.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
Fined? Suspended? COME ON! I agree it was a stupid thing to do, but the Jets settled it on the ice. Give your head a shake.

Yes. Deny them the points, end the impressive streak and earn all Shark fans' gratitude! :D

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Meh. It's over and done with. Ne permanent harm done.

Every Corey I've ever known was a whiny little baby. It's like new parents sense it when naming their baby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad