Corey Perry

PARKYRULES

Feb 6, 2013
Hey guys, I have Corey Perry on my fantasy team. I feel like he's not gonna have the greatest 2013 season. It seems like he doesn't really care on the ice. Maybe because it's his last year in Anahiem. What do you guys think? Is it just a slow start? Is he gonna put up numbers? I had Zetteberg before I traded him for Parenteau and Lucic, now he wants Perry for Zetterberg. So should I take it? Its pretty much Lucic,Parenteau,Zetterberg for Perry.

What should I do???:shakehead

Last edited:

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Well.. I guess I can talk about this.. Perry will be fine. During the game today they mentioned he feels like the last week of training camp.. So he's still catching up. His style of play where he looks "lazy" and maybe disinterested is how Perry is. He's very nonchalant in his actions, that's why when you see him on fire like he was versus Vancouver you better watch out. Perry will still get 25 goal, luckily for the ducks, other lines have been stepping up

To answer the question.. Hang on to Perry

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Ahlers said that he only feels about as good as he does at the end of training camp. I think he'll turn it on at some point during this trip.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He'll go on a tear once he gets his hands back. He'll probably get going in about two weeks I'd imagine. I'll begin to worry if he's still sucking two weeks from today

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So Perry just thinks: ''hey, this is my last year here, so why try? I don`t need big contract in other city anyway, so why the hell i should prove myself here?''

meh, it`s how he ussually starts the season before steping into a beast mode. He was the best goal scorer in West last year and in the league the year before. He`ll be fine!

The only thing i want NOW from him is resigning in Anaheim :laugh:

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Its not a matter of not caring with Perry, hes a silent hard worker, but Ive never questioned his effort/work ethic in the way that we have with Getzlaf.

He does look pretty bad, Ill give you that. But every game we see the glimpses of the classic Perry and its only a matter of time before it all comes together. On the Ducks broadcast last night, they talked about how Perry said he feels good physically, but his timing with scoring isnt there yet. Once that comes, this team will be scary.

Doesnt really help you from a fantasy standpoint though :laugh:

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
This whole training camp thing is a crock. They've played nine games. If we had a preseason he would have only played four or five games and be expected to start the season right. His hands have nothing to do with how lazy he looks out there. My god every time I see him try to dipsy-doodle around a defender or sweep out around the net rather than pass or shoot the puck I want to throw something at the TV. He's not driving the net and working his way through people. I think he's now making excuses for his effort and decision-making.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Perry's problems have nothing to do with his effort. He's still doing what he's supposed to do, he's still always at the net and always hard on the puck. To me it looks like his timing is off still.

As far as I know, Perry hasn't made any excuses. He hasn't said much one way or another addressing his slow start.

That said, Perry is typically a slow starter. In 05-06, he had 1 goal in his first 24 games. In 06-07, 3 in his first 14. In 08-09, none in his first 8. In 10-11, 5 in his first 15. In 11-12, 4 in his first 15. And now he has 1 in 9. The only exceptions were 07-08 and 09-10.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Perry's problems have nothing to do with his effort. He's still doing what he's supposed to do, he's still always at the net and always hard on the puck. To me it looks like his timing is off still.

As far as I know, Perry hasn't made any excuses. He hasn't said much one way or another addressing his slow start.

That said, Perry is typically a slow starter. In 05-06, he had 1 goal in his first 24 games. In 06-07, 3 in his first 14. In 08-09, none in his first 8. In 10-11, 5 in his first 15. In 11-12, 4 in his first 15. And now he has 1 in 9. The only exceptions were 07-08 and 09-10.

Spot on. Timing seems to be biggest issue. He's still going to dirty areas like he usually does. He still has the in your face mentality. His hands aren't quite there but it seems to be timing more than anything.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
This whole training camp thing is a crock. They've played nine games. If we had a preseason he would have only played four or five games and be expected to start the season right. His hands have nothing to do with how lazy he looks out there. My god every time I see him try to dipsy-doodle around a defender or sweep out around the net rather than pass or shoot the puck I want to throw something at the TV. He's not driving the net and working his way through people. I think he's now making excuses for his effort and decision-making.

ya he's expected to start the season right but he usually never does. training camp is also usually weeks long + pre-season games, instead of what we had this year, sure i'd like to see him perform better but he does usually bring it on later in the season

PARKYRULES

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks alot for the reply guys.

But, with the short season on hand and having him as a top player on my fantasy team. Is he a risk of not producing or is he gonna be a top 10 right winger by the end of this season?

gradeAducksfan

Mar 29, 2010
Anaheim
Let's leave Perry alone right now. The team is winning last time I checked. When he comes alive again the Ducks might just be unstopped! Wait until the 15 game mark then start the trade talk.

Ducksgo*

Let's leave Perry alone right now. The team is winning last time I checked. When he comes alive again the Ducks might just be unstopped! Wait until the 15 game mark then start the trade talk.

We're almost first in the western conference! This team is is a cup contender if they keep this play up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad