Proposal: Corey Perry to Pittsburgh

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
What would it take Anaheim fans? He’s a bit on the decline but still a great player and a guy that plays with grit and toughness, something Pitt lacked in the Washington series.

Honestly completely unsure of his value, so in an effort to not upset anyone I won’t make an offer. I would like to see what Anaheim fans would want for him in a trade.

Cheers.

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Depends on how much you want retained. If you want him at full price we will happily drive him to the airport. 50% retained and we will want a decent return.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Perry doesn't make a ton of sense for us. Figure in his contract, recent performances and most importantly the fact that he's a RW and Pittsburgh is stacked at RW.

Yeah there's a small handful of teams who I could perhaps be a fit for a Perry trade, but Pittsburgh just isn't one of them.

A team interested in Perry would almost surely have an opening for a top 6 RW, a ton of cap space and a need for a net front presence. None of that describes the Pens.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Patric Hornqvist who plays a somewhat similar same to Perry is probably better than him at this point.

Ares

May 8, 2018
Pens have absolutely no use for Perry.

There's always a use or two for a handsome man

AWZL5xd.jpg

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id be willing to trade him to pitt…. I don't expect a whole lot back, unless they want us retaining on it.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Id be willing to trade him to pitt…. I don't expect a whole lot back, unless they want us retaining on it.

Even if Anaheim retained 50%, he still doesn't make a ton of sense for Pittsburgh. There's zero room in Pittsburgh's top 6 on RW, with Kessel, Hornqvist, Rust and Sprong all vying for icetime. Rust might play LW, but that would only be to move Sprong into the top 9.

I can imagine several teams being interested in Perry... Pittsburgh just wouldn't be one of them.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He may have been a good fit during his prime. Crosby with Perry as his policeman would have been fun to see. Still Perry has lost a step the past few yrs. so I doubt a deal would happen here.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He may have been a good fit during his prime. Crosby with Perry as his policeman would have been fun to see. Still Perry has lost a step the past few yrs. so I doubt a deal would happen here.

I think most folks here would go with an analogy that puts Perry on the opposite side of the law.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Anaheim would sell him cheap because of the contract. That said, Perry to the Pens makes no sense for them.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't like Trade Board threads that are just OP fellow fans screaming "What the hell" at them but I really don't see any other appropriate response.

Anaheim fans just wish he was our GM.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
In a bubble, I dont mind Perry.

But unless he comes with a bunch reta9jed AND he can convert to LW without losing a beat, I cant see the pens bringing him in

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
His value to Pittsburgh is somewhere from “no thanks” to “**** off”.

Yah I don’t see anyone taking on Perry contract. Dudes gonna retire a duck like Getzlaf. We just gotta deal with it as Duck fans, and help bring in some players to help the team while they are here. Pretty much only thing we can do.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
what? why? Perry's not a good fit for the Pens at this stage of his career especially with his contract.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
In a bubble, I dont mind Perry.

But unless he comes with a bunch reta9jed AND he can convert to LW without losing a beat, I cant see the pens bringing him in

I wouldn’t retain anything on em. This team always has a strict budget of the cap. Retaining on Perry dilutes the options we can do to make the team competitive. We aren’t like the Toronto Maple Leafs who has free will to spend to the exact single dollar amount of the cap.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

And we shouldn’t. No reason to retain some of the contract especially at 50% like fans are suggesting. 50% is basically Tyler Johnson at 5 million for 7 years.

I’m using Tyler Johnson as an example of what kind of players we could be getting with the retention money.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
The Pens are already hated enough, adding Perry would only test how much the limits of hatred can be pushed.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
50% retention? I’d be interested. He’s not what he was, but as a third wheel with Sid and Guentzel, he’d be worth 4 mil.

Sid’s RW is still up in the air. He doesn’t like playing with PH full time. Kessel doesn’t play there. Sprong is an unknown. And Rust ain’t a regular top line player.

Another guy who can score goals between the dots on the Pens could be of use.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad