Speculation: Core Players?

RangersHank*

Keep Stepan, Kreider, Hagelin, Zuccarello, Miller, Brassard, Dorsett, DZ, McD, Moore, Staal, Hank.

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
i think this is why glen isnt making any moves... hasnt heard the insight from hf boards yet..

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
McD, Kreider, Zucc, Stepan, Hank. I would even trade Hank if we could get a king's ransom for him. The package would have to include an top goalie prospect of course.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Young forwards that are "keepers":

Stepan, Kreider

McDonagh:

McDonagh

Valuable players you can't trade anyway:

Lundqvist, Nash

Fringe (players I'd be willing to trade for an overpayment)

Hagelin, Zuke, Miller, McIlrath, Talbot, Allen, Kristo, Fast, Lindberg, Skjei*, Duclair*, Buchnevich*

*Prospects that aren't ready

Keepable but not core:

Brassard (2nd-3rd line), Dorsett (4th), Boyle (4th), D. Moore (4th), Pouliot (2-3rd), Lindberg (4th line C), J. Moore(bottom pairing LHD), Del Zotto (2nd pairing LHD), Stralman (2nd pairing RHD), Falk (7th D), Staal (2nd pairing LHD)

So, to recap, 5 guys I'd consider the "core". Lundqvist and Nash are by proxy, they wouldn't bring back equal value to this team in a trade. 12 names I'd prefer to keep but wouldn't mind using to acquire a star.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Forwards: 10, 16, 20, 21, 24, 36, 62 (and Richards at a renegotiated contract)
Defensemen: 5, 6, 18, 27
Goaltenders: 30, 33

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Girardi, McD, Strålman, Zucc, Kreider and Brassard.

Girardi, McD and Strålman are solid Ds. Just look at Maple leafs and their defense. We must not end up like them. We cant replace them.

Zucc and Brassard got Magic hans.

Kreider is the New franchise player. He is fast, strong, skilled With puck and With some more exp he will be one of the best in the League.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Amazing how quickly the board has moved on from Ryan Callahan.
i love cally's heart/toughness but i dont think he has much skill to be a consistent top 6 player. i think 2011-12 was a career year. I am starting to have my doubts on stepan too

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
i love cally's heart/toughness but i dont think he has much skill to be a consistent top 6 player. i think 2011-12 was a career year. I am starting to have my doubts on stepan too

U need players like Callahan if u wanna win the cup. I didnt vote for him, because of his injuries. Same With staal. When healthy both of them are core players, but we should trade em before they end up like Sauer and Gabby

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I don't think it's as simple as keep/don't keep in two categories.

Give me your first born child and your first in 2015 and I'll consider trading them:

Chris Kreider
Ryan McDonagh

Requires significant overpayment to acquire:

Mats Zuccarello
Derek Stepan
Carl Hagelin
Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot
JT Miller

Would prefer to keep, but would move in the right deal:

Rick Nash
Anton Stralman
John Moore
Derek Brassard
Derek Dorsett
Dylan McIlrath

Should be actively marketed:

Benoit Pouliot (although honestly I wouldn't mind keeping him - the resurgence has been fun)
Brian Boyle
Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto
Ryan Callahan
Dom Moore
Marc Staal

Doesn't really matter either way:

Justin Falk

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Kreider ??? ???
??? Stepan zucc
Hagelin miller ???
??? ??? ???
Mcdonagh ???
??? ???
??? ???

Lundqvist

This is what I went with.. Everything else should be built around this IMO.

The New Originals

Feb 10, 2006
A.V. Land
If we're going full re-build mode, then keep McDonagh, Kreider, Stepan, Talbot, and Callahan (for some kind of veteran presence, of course). Move the rest.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Not sure how Cally is not considered a key piece. He's been hurt this yr but is the heart if the team. Also Nash is a top player in the league just having a bad first half

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad