Copa America 2024 - Coming to the USA?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I think a full merger makes some sense now. The reasons not to do it have mostly been negated.

- Why would Mexico, US want to potentially struggle to qualify for world cup. But with the move to 48 teams thats not an issue.
- UEFA having Nations League has cut down on Brazil and Argentina options for European based friendlies.

Even if not a merger i would like a combined nations league.

Reactions: Pink Mist

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
LOL I would probably hate it in the beginning but wouldnt mind it so much after. It would offer a unique opportunity to us watching these players live. So selfishly I could in time like it.

I just want more exposure and better competition for the Canadian players across NA. Going to Argentina to play better competition would be great!

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Too much travel for qualifiers. Having to go Argentina to Canada to Uruguay would be miserable.
Yeah this is a big blocker. Would have to make the schedule based around multiple away games in a window and even with that it would be a lot of travel.

Reactions: Pink Mist

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Too much travel for qualifiers. Having to go Argentina to Canada to Uruguay would be miserable.

It could work they only play two qualifiers at a time anyway. Bunch them up.

I feel like CAF and AFC accounts for this by regionalizing matchups and group stages until latter stages in qualifiers/tournaments. Perhaps that would be a solution. I personally believe that the confederations should be combined

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad