Cool Find at Vancouver Flea Market

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So my new GF's favourite thing is hunting for stuff at flea markets, Second Hand stores, Garage sales, etc. But hey - she's almost 20 years younger than me so I'm willing to put up with stuff like this. This past Sunday we went to the flea market on Terminal Ave. which is one of Vancouver's biggest flea markets and began the search for garbage..... I mean - treasures. So I'm checking out a table that's got a bunch of hockey cards and other sports related stuff but it's all crap. I'm wearing a Bruins ballcap and the guy at the table asks if I'm actually a Bruins fan. I held back the smart-ass comment I wanted to make and told him that I was indeed a lifelong Bruins fan. He smiles and starts rummaging through a big cardboard box and I sort of expected him to pull out some junk like an Evgeni Ryabchikov Rookie card ( hell I've already got 2 of those anyway ) or a Zach Hamill bobblehead. I was stunned when he pulled this out of the box:

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

I wanted to yell " I'll take it - name your price !!!!! " but I managed to keep my mouth shut. " How much ??? " I asked him and then he said something pretty damn cool - " My whole family cheered for Detroit so I grew up a Red Wings fan but I was always a big admirer of Bobby Orr. I'd like to see this go to a real Bruins fan so how about 4 bucks ??? " I didn't see Lorraine ( the new GF ) standing behind me but I did hear her ask if $3 would be OK ??? I quickly said $4 was fair and prayed that the guy wouldn't chuck the damn thing back into the box. He didn't look very happy and shot the GF a dirty look but then he gave me a wink and handed me my newest prized possession. I know it's only a stupid key chain but to find it at a flea market here in Vancouver is pretty damn neat. :thumbu:

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
But hey - she's almost 20 years younger than me so I'm willing to put up with stuff like this.

I think, that will be the main story here.

We certainly do get some interesting looks when we go out. I'm not sure if it's because she's so darn cute or the fact that I'm 27. :amazed:

OK OK - before anybody complains I'm only kidding. I'm 52 and she's 31 but I'm very immature so that kind of evens things out. :nod:

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Bad memories of Canucks losing to the Bruins in the 2011 final when Vancouver was up 3-2 in the series. I bet you could have gotten it for free

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad