Value of: Cooked Nic Deslauriers at 50% - $875,000

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Deslauriers can't stake at an NHL level, can't kill penalties, and can't play a regular shift. His only value now is as a costume-less team mascot and face puncher.

But maybe there's a club out there that needs a heavyweight who can play one game in 10 and throw some punches. The Flyers don't, and having Nic in the lineup does nothing to stop other teams taking runs at their skill players. We just saw that on Saturday against Calgary, when Joel Farabee had to drop the gloves. Farabee had major neck surgery not even two years ago.

Deslauriers turns 33 next month and has two years left after this season,. With 50% retention his cap hit would only be $875,000.

Then put him in a damn costume and send him to the UFC - mascot division.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
They are very sensitive to hurting the feelings of veterans

It's more important to them than icing the best lineup possible
53258356981_d0bf218c99_k-a.jpg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Since the last post in this thread, Deslauriers was healthy scratched 20 times, playing in only 18 of the Flyers last 38 games. He had one point and averaged 6:36 in ice time.

1280px-Overcooked_Pizza.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: banks

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Since the last post in this thread, Deslauriers was healthy scratched 20 times, playing in only 18 of the Flyers last 38 games. He had one point and averaged 6:36 in ice time.

1280px-Overcooked_Pizza.jpg
What happened to him since he left Anaheim? What we had with him is exactly what this Ducks team needs on the 4th line... a guy that could PK and fight

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Before leaving Anaheim, he was actually the ideal 4th line player. He was tough, wasn't a black hole on offense (but by no means good), and could actually play defense and PK on top of being able to fight. I wonder if age and injuries caught up with him. Out of all the moves the Ducks made that TDL, I think trading Des was the move most fans were upset with (yes it was good value, I think he got a 3rd round pick, but Ducks needed the toughness/defense more than the chance at yet another depth player).
I will echo that he was this player at the start with the Wild and then did suffer some leg injuries after blocking shots and receiving a knee just before the playoffs. He was noticeably slower and ineffective in my viewings since, though I have not followed him closely by any means.

Reactions: lwvs84

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I will echo that he was this player at the start with the Wild and then did suffer some leg injuries after blocking shots and receiving a knee just before the playoffs. He was noticeably slower and ineffective in my viewings since, though I have not followed him closely by any means.
At 50% he would be fine. Faster than Reaves, more than tough enough, very physical. I don't know why people expect a veteran who is paid 1M(give or take), and is one of the best fighters in the league, to provide anything other than 8-10 minutes/night of 4th line/13th forward play.

It's like me complaining that my mother, who was a great cook, didn't also bench 250 lbs.

If your team is already tough and physical enough, then DeLo is not a need. If they are getting slapped around on a nightly basis by teams like VGK or FLA, then you trot him out there. Seems simple to me.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
At 50% he would be fine. Faster than Reaves, more than tough enough, very physical. I don't know why people expect a veteran who is paid 1M(give or take), and is one of the best fighters in the league, to provide anything other than 8-10 minutes/night of 4th line/13th forward play.

It's like me complaining that my mother, who was a great cook, didn't also bench 250 lbs.

If your team is already tough and physical enough, then DeLo is not a need. If they are getting slapped around on a nightly basis by teams like VGK or FLA, then you trot him out there. Seems simple to me.
Yeah, I expect Ottawa would at least look into him, and several other teams too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad