Converted Wild Fan Here

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
So I just moved out to D.C. (partially) thus naturally I will be spending more time there.

Would love to get too know a little bit about the Caps as (along with the Wild) I would like to try to get into them. I've always been a pretty big fan of the Caps because of Ovechkin; however, I would like to get into them past that bandwagon level.

Don't worry I can handle frustrating. Minnesota sports is as frustrating as any out there.

Cheers :yo:

Best of luck too this team reaching the playoffs this year. They could surprise some people if they make it I think!

EDIT- The signing of Nate Schmidt eases my transition as well! :)

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Before I clicked the thread, I thought the reason would be Nate Schmidt and thought... man the kid is THAT good?! :laugh:

But welcome! :)

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hendricks and Hillen are also Minnesota-grown.

90% of the posters on the Caps board are whiny and entitled and will criticize the meaningless semantics of anything you post. If you want to fit in, talk about putting fire ants in the General Manager's Cheerios and selling everyone for futures after every dropped point. Welcome.

bWo*

Hey I converted 6 years ago to the Caps from the Flames but i still hold a special spot in my heart for the flames

Vladiator16*

My first NHL team was DRW, but it was many, many moons ago, when Russian five was controlling the puck for a third of the game... but now here we are...

Enjoy and welcome!

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Fun fact: Minneapolis is the only city with all four major sports teams that's gone longer without a championship than Washington! Our last was the Skins in '92, the last in Minneapolis was the Twins in '91, just a couple months earlier. We're like brothers in suffering.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Minnesota fans are great at pessimism! :nod: Looks like I'll fit right in! :sarcasm:

You're not doing it right. First, you have to be pseudo-intellectual while you do it. Then, you have to present a statistics-based argument (whatever statistics you like really, and the stats don't have to support your argument). And you have to have a supposed platform, but then be completely bipolar based on the result of the most recent game.

Got it?

Welcome :D

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Things you need to know:

1. Jeff Schultz is the worst player in the NHL. He has some dirt on GMGM, only way to explain him being in the NHL.
2. Chimera will go off side several times a game. He takes a lot of retaliation penalties.
3. Laich and Brouwer like the sound of their voice.
4. www.RussianMachineNeverBreaks.com is the Caps Bible, all others are false prophets.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Things you need to know:

1. Jeff Schultz is the worst player in the NHL. He has some dirt on GMGM, only way to explain him being in the NHL.
2. Chimera will go off side several times a game. He takes a lot of retaliation penalties.
3. Laich and Brouwer like the sound of their voice.
4. www.RussianMachineNeverBreaks.com is the Caps Bible, all others are false prophets.

Cannot be argued.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Point 6: George McPhee will never be fired, nor will he ever make any bold moves.

subclause #1 - "Bold Moves" as defined by the trading of blue chip prospects or players for similarly valued assets, hypothetical trades for mediocre talent do not count

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Why is someone who didn't know who Paul Ranger is giving advice on being a Caps' fan?

Well, the last time Paul Ranger played the Caps, Kolzig was his teammate.

The sum of videos of him on Youtube are with the Marlies or getting elbowed. Sorry I don't remember a defense man on a crappy Lightning team that last played the Capitals 4.5 years ago.

Last edited:

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Well, the last time Paul Ranger played the Caps, Kolzig was his teammate.

The sum of videos of him on Youtube are with the Marlies or getting elbowed. Sorry I don't remember a defense man on a crappy Lightning team that last played the Capitals 4.5 years ago.

I guess I'm weird because I like knowing players on every team and can retain knowledge without the use of Wikipedia or Youtube for more than 20 minutes.

Not like Paul Ranger was a scrub either. His disappearance was a shock to many around the league, not just Lightning fans.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Forget Ranger, who the **** is this Bred Hedican character I keep hearing about? All I get is figure skating crap on youtube. Sorry old timers, I didn't get to watch him in black and white on my picture box, losers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad