Controversial No Goal in Avs/Stars OT

Do you think it should have been

• Goal

• No Goal

Results are only viewable after voting.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
100% goal as an Avs fan. But this is what the league is about with goalie interference. No one has a f***ing idea anymore.

I would have to expect that this is coming up in the next GM/owners meetings. There has to be a complete re-write of this rule.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
As a non-biased East Coast Habs fan that has no horse in this race,

This was definitely a goal. Bad call AND review.

EDIT: Call on play is maybe just IFFY (game is fast lol) but the review is bad and seems more like a "I can't end this series with a reverse call" situation.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Think call on the ice is the key factor. And I can understand real-time why the Ref would make that call. I would've understood if it was a goal too. This wasn't the most egregious no goal these playoffs imo but yea, sucks for Dallas fans.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
There's been a lot of borderline goalie interference calls go the wrong way this postseason. This one was cut and dry and they still blew it. In the biggest of circumstances too. Awful call and embarrassment to the league that they can't even get the simple ones right.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Looks like Duchene already almost completely stopped and only slightly bumped with Georgiev while taking his vision away and then Makar pushes him into his own goalie. If Makar isn't there Duchene doesn't do anything more than the slight bump. Good goal to me.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad