Controversial goal by Crosby

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
It absolutely should not have counted. Anyone who knows the rules knows that. Whistle blew already as crosby was whacking at it.

They lost anyway right? And likely to miss the playoffs altogether so meh.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It absolutely should not have counted. Anyone who knows the rules knows that. Whistle blew already as crosby was whacking at it.

Wrong, but I'm surprised you can't show any objectivity when it comes to the Penguins.

They lost anyway right? And likely to miss the playoffs altogether so meh.

It's amazing how much you hate the Penguins. It's absolutely adorable. Like how biased do you have to be to be saying stuff like this? This is just a sad level of delusion.

Why even go to Penguins or Crosby threads if you hate them so much?

Reactions: TNT87

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Shouldnt have counted.

With that said, i dislike the intent to whistle rule and wish it would be gone.

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
Wrong, but I'm surprised you can't show any objectivity when it comes to the Penguins.

It's amazing how much you hate the Penguins. It's absolutely adorable. Like how biased do you have to be to be saying stuff like this? This is just a sad level of delusion.

Why even go to Penguins or Crosby threads if you hate them so much?
They are 6th in their division and have the 4th worst goal differential in the NHL. Based on whats happened so far this season it doesnt seem like theyll make it no matter how many controversial ref assisted goals they are scoring.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They are 6th in their division and have the 4th worst goal differential in the NHL. Based on whats happened so far this season it doesnt seem like theyll make it no matter how many controversial ref assisted goals they are scoring.

A. They have won 2 straight Stanley Cups.
B. There are 57 games left this season.
C. They are 1 point out of a playoff spot
D. Seriously, how much do you have to hate the Penguins to post the crap you do about them?

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
A. They have won 2 straight Stanley Cups.
B. There are 57 games left this season.
C. They are 1 point out of a playoff spot
D. Seriously, how much do you have to hate the Penguins to post the crap you do about them?
Rangers have a game in hand. Sorry to say but given how theyve looked and literally 4th worst in goal differential its a fair question to ask. But of course if anyone does youll claim bias and hatred instead of taking an honest look at how the pens have played this season.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Rangers have a game in hand.

And there's 57 games left in the season. I think they can make up that 1 point.

Sorry to say but given how theyve looked and literally 4th worst in goal differential its a fair question to ask.

I've explained to you in the past why it's dumb to look at their goal differential when judging them as a team. When you get blown out 3 or 4 times, your goal differential looks really bad, but those games only count for 3 or 4 losses.

But of course if anyone does youll claim bias and hatred instead of taking an honest look at how the pens have played this season.

Do I really need to pull up some of your past posts to show how much you hate the Penguins? It's not like I'm making baseless accusations here.

Reactions: Goku and TNT87

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
And there's 57 games left in the season. I think they can make up that 1 point.

I've explained to you in the past why it's dumb to look at their goal differential when judging them as a team. When you get blown out 3 or 4 times, your goal differential looks really bad, but those games only count for 3 or 4 losses.

Do I really need to pull up some of your past posts to show how much you hate the Penguins? It's not like I'm making baseless accusations here.
Its 2-3 points really. Game in hand. Itll be tough to blame the coach this time and not the players like with johnston.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My major problem with it is this, if the whistle blew the play should be considered dead. There shouldn't be some weird rule like intent to blow, or this rule for that matter. The rule should be pretty simple, once the whistle blows the play is dead, otherwise what the heck is the point of the whistle to start with? These, well if this happen, or this happens, or well maybe this happens type things do nothing but stop play and make the NHL look even more stupid than we already think they are at times.

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
Lol I can't believe there's still enough fans with blinders on for this to go 8 pages. Same old Crosby stuff. The idea of people naive enough to think he doesn't get top tier treatment from the officials is just sooooo sad.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Lol I can't believe there's still enough fans with blinders on for this to go 8 pages. Same old Crosby stuff. The idea of people naive enough to think he doesn't get top tier treatment from the officials is just sooooo sad.

I'd say its the other way around. Many many many dirty plays have happened on Crosby and the players got away with it and didn't get suspended.

Please explain the Marc Staal situation. If Crosby truly does get special treatment, why did Staal get away with everything short of Murdering Crosby. Cross checks to the head,Neck and many dirty slashes.

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
I'd say its the other way around. Many many many dirty plays have happened on Crosby and the players got away with it and didn't get suspended.
Riiiight. Didnt he slash someones finger off just last season and spear another poor victim, unpunished

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Riiiight. Didnt he slash someones finger off just last season and spear another poor victim, unpunished

Sure. Crosby gets away with stuff. So does everyone else. There is no special treatment. Marc Staal didn't get A SINGLE game for cross checking Crosby in the head and neck many times. Where was the special treatment there? Or for the david steckel hit? Or for Kovalchuck?

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
Sure. Crosby gets away with stuff. So does everyone else. There is no special treatment. Marc Staal didn't get A SINGLE game for cross checking Crosby in the head and neck many times. Where was the special treatment there? Or for the david steckel hit? Or for Kovalchuck?
At least you admitted that happened. Its getting to the point where any factual criticism of crosby results in ad hominem nonsense about bias and hatred

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
The puck was centimeters from going into the net and Khudobin was laying on the ice completely out of the play when the whistle was blown. What a stretch. That goal was 100% going in, with or without a whistle.

That's not the actual rule, though. Plays like that are allowed because the player was playing a loose puck in the crease. The puck just happened to be laying on the goalie and it wasn't covered. Seeing how Boston challenged it for goalie interference and the challenge lasted about 30 seconds, I think it's safe to say it wasn't goalie interference.

Oh, I meant when he slashed his glove before it got onto his chest. Didn't see other angles, so I'm just shooting from the hip here.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Steckel hit?
The one where Crosby hit Steckel,good lord.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Steckel hit?
The one where Crosby hit Steckel,good lord.

No, the one where Steckel pretended he didn't see Crosby...

Haven't even read this thread but I assume its a ****-on-Crosby-fest.

People will always hate on greatness.

Let's be honest, the Crosby haters have to resort to guerilla warfare these days because he's going down as an all time great and there is little in the way of realistic criticism they can use now.

It's a very difficult time for these posters, but I'll throw them all a bone...

I heard he got special treatment at the DMV and was ushered to the front of the line once...

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I Couldn’t careless about Pens or Sid, but this sounds like a thread with a whole bunch of fans from other teams that Sid & Pens have beat many times in the past and just sour grapes now. Get over it people, Sid is great, a HOF player and one of the best ever. Stop whining.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad