Controversial Entertainment Opinions/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'll start:

Beavis & Butthead is the best cartoon TV series of all-time, ahead of The Simpsons and South Park.The way the intelligence was hidden behind the vulgar and seemingly contentless humor was brilliant.Besides, I get more laughs out of B & B than any other show, which in the end is the most important factor.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Didnt like B and B. Beavis and butthead had some serious crap due to budget constraints

I watched a bit of it but literally the whole episode was just them talking over a kiss music video and I got bored

Here's a truly controversial opinion. The Wire has a lot of soap opera quality acting, and it suffers pretty badly for i in terms of watchabiity. I'd say it's about 50/50 between good and bad. I'm not even talking about the people they bring off the street. McNulty sucks , guy should stick to shakespeare theatre or whatever the hell he usually does

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Back when Marvel turned Captain America into a HYDRA agent, that moment made me think even Stan Lee would even approve of turning Peter Parker/Spider-Man into a Yankee fan.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Radiohead isn't that great. The answer to "Stones or Beatles?" is the Velvet Underground. Maybe this isn't controversial on HF but any time I've told someone my opinions on LOST (it's stupid), they looked at me like I should be locked up.

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Pulp Fiction is overrated. Both Inglorious Basterds and Reservoir Dogs are superior; an argument can be made for Kill Bill Vol. 1.

Pink Floyd is also overrated af.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Radiohead isn't that great. The answer to "Stones or Beatles?" is the Velvet Underground. Maybe this isn't controversial on HF but any time I've told someone my opinions on LOST (it's stupid), they looked at me like I should be locked up.

I think radio head is horrible. Their popularity combine with how I actually perceive their music make me seriously wonder if I'm missing something. Like I can't even imagine how people think they're good.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
2pac and Biggie are both highly overrated and it's because they died.

Agree with this 100%. First time I've seen someone else admit it.

Mine:

Bob's Burgers ****ing sucks.
The Academy Awards never pick the best picture.
How to Train Your Dragon is an absolutely awful movie, one of the worst I've ever seen.
Toy Story got significantly better as it went along but was always good.
Terminator 2, Avatar, and Titanic are overrated.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Was it Stephen King who said something similar about Umbridge in the books? Something along the lines of her being the best villain in the series or one the best ever written.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
In the HP Movie universe:

Dolores Umbridge in Order of the Phoenix is a better villain than Voldemort is in any HP movie.

:laugh: Never even thought about this before but that's so true. The amount of rage I got from Umbridge was at such a higher level than Voldemort that it was ridiculous.

member 151739

Citizen Kane is a dreadfully boring film, and if you don't like it, you shouldn't be coerced into saying it's "good" if you actually disagree.

The Shawshank Redemption is overrated.

Forrest Gump is overrated.

Pulp Fiction is, at best, Tarantino's fourth best film.

Led Zeppelin is the most overrated band to ever exist.

Coldplay is actually great.

The Eagles were the best '70s band.

The Wire, though it's really darn good, is very overrated.

Nirvana was overrated. Pearl Jam is much better.

'80s and '90s metal is pretty much 98% trash. Slayer, Pantera, etc. Yuck.

The television miniseries of The Stand is the best Stephen King adaptation.

Apocalypse Now sucks.

Apocalypse Now Redux sucks even more.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If you look at essentially any superhero with even a small bit of realism you'd find that they're incredibly selfish, borderline sociopaths, that do far more harm than good. It would be impossible for them to exist in the real world. All of their stories are dumb and grandiose.

For the record I still love them and can't get enough

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Pulp Fiction is overrated. Both Inglorious Basterds and Reservoir Dogs are superior; an argument can be made for Kill Bill Vol. 1.

Pink Floyd is also overrated af.

I can never place Reservoir Dogs too high on any lists, because it pretty much ripped off City on Fire completely, and I liked the latter a lot more. In fact, City on Fire is probably a far superior work, for originality, technique, and music. The acting, on the other hand, is a wash between the 2 works.

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Oh, I got a good one. Creed is awesome.

To go with the above grunge posts, Alice in Chains was better than Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad