News Article: Contract talks with the Gallys

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
After next season is when a lot of money comes off the books. Bridge deals will be necessary.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
If we do get Galchenyuk long-term what would the amount be? I'm sure his agent knows his value is only going to go up. Maybe we get him at 7M per season for 8 years?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Get them both to one year before UFA so the next contract can gobble mostly UFA years

EDIT: Brodin and Coyle kinda deals.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I hope we lock them to multiple years right away, no need for a bridge deal with them.

Makes no sense that everybody goes with bridge deals and not them. AT this point, it would be totally unfair to Subban and Co.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If we do get Galchenyuk long-term what would the amount be? I'm sure his agent knows his value is only going to go up. Maybe we get him at 7M per season for 8 years?
No way does he get $7M already... not a chance.

If he signed for 8-years right now, I'm willing to bet it wouldn't be over 5.

I think what is more likely is a contract taking him to 1-year before UFA, for $3.5M-$4M or so. Or a 2-year contract @ $2.5M per.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Makes no sense that everybody goes with bridge deals and not them. AT this point, it would be totally unfair to Subban and Co.
Maybe Bergevin learned from his "mistake" of $9M for Subban. He's not going to want to be paying Galchenyuk $9M in 2 years, if he could be paying $5M or $6M.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Get them both to one year before UFA so the next contract can gobble mostly UFA years

EDIT: Brodin and Coyle kinda deals.
Coyle contract is PERFECT for Gallagher.. maybe even go up to $3.5M and go up a year or two.

Maybe $20M for Galchenyuk ($4M per) over 5 years.

$20M/6 years for Gallagher and $20M/5 years for Galchenyuk.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

No chance he gets that much. I'd try and get him for something like 6 years at 5 million.

Gallagher at around 3.5 x 5 would be good.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Gallagher will probably be getting Dustin Brown money after his bridge deal. As for Galchenyuk... it'll just depend on how he finishes this season.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
After next season is when a lot of money comes off the books. Bridge deals will be necessary.

I agree. We simply won't have the cap space to sign them both long term next off-season.

MrDontGive

Nov 16, 2010
bridge deals.. I don't think the kids are eager to sign long term, they do wanna remain here but both have seen how unhappy Patches is with his deal. If chucky can reach 9m a year, why would.he.sign now for 8 years?

The kids wouldnt do it, MB wouldnt do it.. don't overanalyse or get your hopes up. Bridges are coming, no new Champlain.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I agree. We simply won't have the cap space to sign them both long term next off-season.

We have almost 5 million in space right now, if the cap goes up enough we should be able to afford it.

Although it'd be ideal if we could get rid of Bourque or Moen to make some more room.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
We have almost 5 million in space right now, if the cap goes up enough we should be able to afford it.

Although it'd be ideal if we could get rid of Bourque or Moen to make some more room.
Moen? Why not Prust who makes more and is a worse hockey player?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

According to capgeek we'll have 10M in cap space (plus whatever cap rises by) next off-season with 16 players signed.

Yes, if we shed Bourque's and/or Moen's contracts we'll have enough room to think long term with at least some of our RFA (Tinordi, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Bournival).

Outside of that group we won't have any important positions to fill because only Malhorta & Weaver will be UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00