Speculation: Contract Predictor Thread

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
We will use this thread to predict the upcoming contract extensions or signings. FA signings is cut off June 30th but you can predict the re-signings until the day before they happen. This is for bragging rights.

You can be as detailed as you want. This is for fun, keep the negativity out of it. (IE no Phillips/Greening talk you Negative Nancy’s)

I will go first.

Walk

Michalek will not be re-signed and will sign in the off season with PHX for 4Mx3Y
Corvo - Gonso

Re-sign This summer.

Hemsky will resign with us for 3 years at $4.75M average. (Murray will over pay, I think he is worth $4.25M)

Methot will get $19M over 4 years. $4M, $4.5M, $5M, $5.5M for an average of $4.75M (This puts him above what Cowen is making, but under Karlsson.

Lehner will get a 3 year extension, $1M, $1.25M, $1.5M for a $1.25M average

Hoffman will get 2 years @ 1.6M. 800K average.

Gryba, if not moved, I expect Wiercioch money since he played a lot more than he did.

Re-signed over next season

Anderson will get an extension for 7M over 2 years.

Ryan, I think Ryan will re-sign here. 6y $38M ($6, $6.25, $6.25, $6.5, $6.5, $6.5) for $6.333 Average

Spezza will get close to the same as Ryan, maybe a bit more. 7Y $45M I expect his to rise then fall.

MacArthur, 4y $23M for a $5.75M average

Last edited:

Berserker*

Hoffman hasn't really done enough to earn a $1,000,000 raise. My guess is that he gets a contract extension of 2 years at $800,000 to $1,000,000 per year.

VVS

Nov 22, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Why would Hemsky sign for less than he's making now. Don't think that will happen.

Really looking forward to the off-season though. Could be huge. Or much more likely we maintain the status quo and nothing changes.

Berserker*

On TSN1200 today, they made an interest point when Pierre McGuire was on. They said that whether the Sens sign Hemsky may be contingent on what the organizations plans are for Spezza.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
On TSN1200 today, they made an interest point when Pierre McGuire was on. They said that whether the Sens sign Hemsky may be contingent on what the organizations plans are for Spezza.

of course.. I bet hemsky wants to play with spezza as well. same as camalleri before he signed with the habs because he didn't know if heatley was staying or going. I don't think the rest of the league thinks as lowly of soezza as 85% of sens fans

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Why would Hemsky sign for less than he's making now. Don't think that will happen.

Really looking forward to the off-season though. Could be huge. Or much more likely we maintain the status quo and nothing changes.

He's signed under a 2 year contract 5M av. He should accept a longer term for a lower $$ average

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Next year is going to be similar to 07/08 (Spezza, Heatley, Fisher) in that we have several key pending UFA's due for new contracts (Spezza, Ryan, Mac, Methot, Andy). I suspect Murray will get one/possibly two of them done in the summer, and then try to get the others new deals over the course of next season. Zibby will also be an RFA in '15.

As for UFA's and RFA's this year:
Hemsky- give him the same contract as what he just finished (2 years, $10M). Don't think he deserves more or less.
Michalek- keep him if cap hit is under 4.5/year. Let him go if it's anymore. He's still a good complimentary winger that can slide in anywhere in the line-up
Kassian- let him walk
Gryba- 1 year in the 1-1.5M range
Lehner- 1-2 years, 1.25M/year (using Tuukka Rask's second deal as a comparable)
Hoffman- offer him his QO (726k)

And just for the sake of prediciting '15 UFA deals:
Spezza- 3-4 years @ 6.5/year
Meth- 2-3 years @ 4.25/year

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
of course.. I bet hemsky wants to play with spezza as well. same as camalleri before he signed with the habs because he didn't know if heatley was staying or going. I don't think the rest of the league thinks as lowly of soezza as 85% of sens fans

If Cammalleri wanted to play with Spezza, he would have signed here 5 years ago instead of signing with the Habs.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I said in the first post that there is no negativite garbage in this thread. We have enough of that in all the other threads. We are keeping this fun and positive. If you don't like it, don't post in here.

Berserker*

I was referring to what management will do. If they decide to move Spezza, then they may in turn decide that it doesn't make sense to re-sign Hemsky.

I have no clue who Hemsky wants to play with. Maybe he wants to play with Crosby and Mallkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad