Consensus top 5 for '06

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'd call it a consensus top 4 with Johnson, Kessel, Toews and Staal. But even then I am reluctant.

Last year we thought there was a consensus top 6 of Crosby, Johnson, Ryan, Brule, Pouliot and Kopitar but we all know how that turned out.

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
Where was Brian Lee and Luc Bourden ranked in ISS or RedLine or Youngguns? Just out of curiousity. Was Marc Staal ranked higher then these two?

If so it shows that rankings dont really matter at least for the upper 10-20

Usually the picks 1-5 can be mixed(well sometimes, last year it was 2-6) but they are usually always going to be in the top 5 or 6

Last edited:

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
rt said:
At this point is there a consensus? From what I've seen it's Johnson, Kessel, Toews, Staal, and Backstrom in some order or another. Do most agree with this?
Id say that is the most commom but certainly not a consensus. Brassard is in there for at least a couple teams (CBJ, PHI), in a recent Bob MacKenzie column:
Young American Kyle Okposo and Quebec junior Derrick Brassard are getting long, hard looks from teams likely to be picking in the top five
In the same article he goes on to say the top 4 of Johnson, Kessel, Toews and Staal were the top 4 by all scouts they surveyed.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
I would say that there is only a consensus top 4 right now. This consists of Johnson, Kessel, Toews, and Staal.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
inferno98 said:
Where was Brian Lee and Luc Bourden ranked in ISS or RedLine or Youngguns? Just out of curiousity. Was Marc Staal ranked higher then these two?

If so it shows that rankings dont really matter at least for the upper 10-20

Usually the picks 1-5 can be mixed(well sometimes, last year it was 2-6) but they are usually always going to be in the top 5 or 6

I can tell you that Bourdon was the #6 ranked skater by CSB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad