Confirmed with Link: Conor Geekie signed to a standard 3 year entry level contract

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Good to give the kid some spending money for his last year of Jr, helps him see the path clearer.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
You see all these social media posts and stuff on the signing.

BA Is one big dude. If we have too many injuries we may need him to play.
He’s Debo. How you think we get all those picks.
C24B8A43-D3FF-4381-A32C-45C1FD624065.jpeg

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Man I wished I made that kind of money when I was that age! Glad they signed him.

Not an expert, but it will be the 95K signing bonus he makes this season then. But I still agree with you of course.

Oh, and ninja edit. They must feel mad when the contract slides as they don't get any more signing bonuses by then?

Reactions: zerekstar

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Not an expert, but it will be the 95K signing bonus he makes this season then. But I still agree with you of course.

Oh, and ninja edit. They must feel mad when the contract slides as they don't get any more signing bonuses by then?
I don't actually know, but I'm speculating that the signing bonus gets paid regardless and does not slide. Only the salary and performance bonuses and cap hit slide.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't actually know, but I'm speculating that the signing bonus gets paid regardless and does not slide. Only the salary and performance bonuses and cap hit slide.
That is correct.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
So does signing him this early burn off any years he has with us ?

If we waited for a year or so , does that give us more time ?
No, his UFA eligibility is 7 years from his first 40 game season.
Contract signing has no bearing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad