Conor Garland, the least talked about 1st line (top 6) player in the NHL?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Conor's last QMJHL season caught my eye and have been following his career ever since.
Has nicely developed to a really good all around player to the NHL.

Was already last season Coyotes top scorer with 22 goals, the only Yotes player with 20 or more goals.

This season thou,..he is so much better what last season and that has shown, in many places.
In point production as well.

Leads Coyotes in points (18), in ppg (0.95), assists (11), +/- (+8), even number goals (6), points (15)
shots on goal (61), taka-aways (15), g/60 and p/60

Has clocked 2nd most ice time of Yotes forwards (18:12).
Is 2nd in goals (7)

Reactions: Heldig

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
He is legit and has room to grow. He’s already got a pretty well-rounded game — don’t be fooled into thinking he can’t play D; he has a very active stick (no pun intended).

I wanted the Blues to take a chance on him all those years ago. He always had the potential to be this good — it just wasn’t certain. He’s reached that prediction, and I think he will continue to climb. Hell of a player.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
5 foot 10, officially at least, not sure what his height in reality is.
but yeah...i got the reference :)

He's 5'6 and weighs about as much as a large dog.

The Anaheim announcers kept bitching that he was 'diving' but he's literally that light. If you can catch him, it doesn't take much to knock him over.

He wants that fat payday $$$

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
If we get the Olympics and USA decides to just go with an all new generation team (no guys from the older squad like Pacioretty, Pavelski, Kessel, Wheeler...pretty much Kane the only o30 forward) I really hope he is on their radar as a 13th or 14th forward.

edit: I know what you are thinking "this MF just said he'd take Garland over Blake freaking Wheeler" but I don't want anyone involved in the World Cup debacle anywhere near the Olympic team.

Last edited:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
He is legit and has room to grow.

4592228-close_thread.jpg

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I could see Garland having a 11' Marchand-like effect for a contender, in that the team has other higher tier star players but he'd be right up there with them in top 3 scoring for the team.

WildWillie

Jan 9, 2019
Conor's last QMJHL season caught my eye and have been following his career ever since.
Has nicely developed to a really good all around player to the NHL.

Was already last season Coyotes top scorer with 22 goals, the only Yotes player with 20 or more goals.

This season thou,..he is so much better what last season and that has shown, in many places.
In point production as well.

Leads Coyotes in points (18), in ppg (0.95), assists (11), +/- (+8), even number goals (6), points (15)
shots on goal (61), taka-aways (15), g/60 and p/60

Has clocked 2nd most ice time of Yotes forwards (18:12).
Is 2nd in goals (7)

A bit biased but Most "exciting player to watch" to ever come out of the Q. You could argue the hype and packed rinks with Crosby but i'd say Garland.

He was hated around the league. A complete heel. people loved to cheer against him. Had a chirp for everyone and never backed down. Had that edge you need as a smaller player.

He was a magician with the puck and saw the ice incredibly well. It looked a lot like pond hockey at times. People responded negatively about Garlands D zone work ethic "a cherry picker" but I believe Moncton coaching staff often encouraged a system where he preserved energy in the defensive zone to be able to play longer shifts and create more offense by anticipating fast breaks. that was very entertaining as well.

I couldn't believe a 120+ pt scorer could get passed over in a 7 round draft, and then the first 4 of the next, let alone for the US world juniors. I get he was undersized and not an amazing skater, but he would have been a huge asset on the powerplay. Unbelievable how often the scouts get it wrong with these types of guys to this day. The small players that are successful in the NHL are typically those fearless impossible to intimidate types.

The more confidence he gets, the more he becomes a leader amongst his peers, the more he is going to be free'd up to take chances and be creative out there. Could see him as a top 10 scorer in a couple years in his prime.

armyjoe

Nov 15, 2010
Caught my eye and I was like who the f*** is that that guy making those plays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad