Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8232.jpeg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Barfy's back!

Just in time to continue the Tank.

Must be big betting linevon how many times he gets danced around for a GA...1 or 2ctomes next game?

How many times will he watch as pucks go into our net on his shifts?

He brings nothing offensively.

Another replaceable nothingburger.
He will.not make any difference.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
The Hawks have 3 pylons. Tinordi seemed to take a big step back, but comes cheap and always is physical and stands up for his teammates. Megna is a little bit more mobile, but has some serious defensive lapses and Murphy is a pylon that doesn't really bring that much to the table. The Hawks , stuck with another contract year, could demote Murphy to the 3rd pairing and still be competitive, but they need a 2nd pairing defensive defenseman. A healthy Edmundson would replace Tinordi and fill that role. Then you would have:
Jones/Vlasic
KK/Edmundson
Kaiser/Murphy
Phillips

Not great, but I could live with that for a season.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
The Hawks have 3 pylons. Tinordi seemed to take a big step back, but comes cheap and always is physical and stands up for his teammates. Megna is a little bit more mobile, but has some serious defensive lapses and Murphy is a pylon that doesn't really bring that much to the table. The Hawks , stuck with another contract year, could demote Murphy to the 3rd pairing and still be competitive, but they need a 2nd pairing defensive defenseman. A healthy Edmundson would replace Tinordi and fill that role. Then you would have:
Jones/Vlasic
KK/Edmundson
Kaiser/Murphy
Phillips

Not great, but I could live with that for a season.
If Murphy is a pylon then so is Edmundson
One year deal sure I’m down.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I think I'd take a temperature check on the trade market for Murphy and go after either Roy, Carrier, or Chatfield rather than Edmundson in FA

How much value does he carry after being injured almost half the season though? Retaining him at 50% next trade deadline probably gives you the most value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad