Connor McDavid scores most points in Playoff history without making the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Its not always about McDavid as proven by this thread and the fact that the Oilers are done playing until December 2020
Unfortunately for the Oilers, hockey isn't like basketball where two players can win you the championship.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I wonder.

When the Oilers win 1st overall, if the Senators would trade Chabot for Lafreniere as to get out of paying an yRFA salary, while continuing to pay an ELC salary to their top player?

I just wrote a sparky reply to a Marner/Chabot trade post but this is much different.

If the Sens could get Laf, Byfield and Drysdale in this draft that would be....cool.

Still don't think they would or should. Chabot is special and already a sure thing but the thought is intriguing.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
But if these are playoff points, then both teams did make the playoffs.
Its was a play in round the stats count as playoffs stats because agents/players union want to be able to use them during contract neg . Knowing the regular season was cancelled the league allowed the stats to count as playoff stats but really it was just a bone the league throw to players to keep them satisfied .

Teams that lost in the play in round failed to make the playoffs :

Last edited:

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I wonder.

When the Oilers win 1st overall, if the Senators would trade Chabot for Lafreniere as to get out of paying an yRFA salary, while continuing to pay an ELC salary to their top player?

Well, it was mentioned on your forum that you’d offer up Laffy for Chabot, Tkachuk and two 1OA’s.

So, I’m sure they do a one for one!!

*yes, I know it was a stupid trade offer*

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
They should have just made the stats in the qualifiers count for the regular season and then name the award winners now after the qualifiers - art ross, etc.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Pretty much this season just making the playoffs means very little in terms of team accomplishment . If you make it to the round of 16 or first round; that's the equivalent of making the playoffs in a normal season. If you miss it; its equivalent of barely missing it in a normal season. Calling it playoffs/not playoffs is really just semantics that is not worth arguing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad