Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
At some point the odds are that Edmonton will finally get lucky and have some of these inexpensive rookies and players make an impact. Virtually every team seems to get surprise production from guys nobody saw coming, except the Oilers.

At some point it has to happen, right?

THIS IS THE YEAR!!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I never believe this info that comes out. I totally believe that they want to play it safe, but I don't believe any reports about what McDavid's status is as of now.

But with some luck some RFAs will keep their stalemate into the reg season, such as Tkachuk, Laine, Connor and Rantanen. So at least we wouldn't be the only ones missing key players.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I dunno, that's what one of the actual doctors on here posted fairly soon after the injury. Said something along the lines of (and this obviously isn't a direct quote) "these injuries take between 12-18 months to fully heal, but that every injury is different". Other people had posted similar things by simply looking up the injury on the internet, although I don't know how accurate those comments were. I did a very quick Google on it and literally clicked the first link (happened to be Harvard), and they said 4-12 months depending on the severity. I dunno man, I'm just repeating what others have said, I obviously don't know any more about it than anybody else. The team said 5 months, but that would be a guess, so I don't think we're really that far out if it takes 6 months. Is a 20% difference really that much when it comes to healing time? I wouldn't think so.

So someone who claims to be a doctor on HF Boards is your source? Thats suspect in and of itself but just curious....how does that equate to most people?

When you make a dubious claim and use definitive wording then you shouldnt be surprised when you get called out...just saying.

Reactions: PULSATING and TB12

BamaOil

Nov 18, 2018
*Go's to third one*:skeptic:

"It's that Lucic? Nope... it's Mcdavid!"

Checking Capfriendly...
- buyout calculator-
Pffft! It's manageable:sarcasm:

:laugh:

LOL...yeah Connor just looks like a geriatric out there, barely moving, can barely even do a simple turn. His career is done!!

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Not sure why my post was deleted for 'no proof' when the proof was literally two posts up, quote from his agent.

His agent and Holland are both stating they're unsure if he will be on the opening night roster let alone training camp, but you guys would rather listen to a quote from a guy who got it from another guy who was at a camp with McDavid where he looked 'amazing'. I mean, every piece of video evidence and evidence from the Gary Roberts camp suggests he is still unable to do much skating out there. The video Del Preston linked , he is turning corners literally like Lucic. He isn't anywhere near game speed and seeing him make those turns at that speed in comparison to his past training videos when he was healthy are staggering.

I understand wanting him to be good to go, but everything points to him being very far out.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Not sure why my post was deleted for 'no proof' when the proof was literally two posts up, quote from his agent.

His agent and Holland are both stating they're unsure if he will be on the opening night roster let alone training camp, but you guys would rather listen to a quote from a guy who got it from another guy who was at a camp with McDavid where he looked 'amazing'. I mean, every piece of video evidence and evidence from the Gary Roberts camp suggests he is still unable to do much skating out there. The video Del Preston linked , he is turning corners literally like Lucic. He isn't anywhere near game speed and seeing him make those turns at that speed in comparison to his past training videos when he was healthy are staggering.

I understand wanting him to be good to go, but everything points to him being very far out.
8RTNg27.gif

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So someone who claims to be a doctor on HF Boards is your source? Thats suspect in and of itself but just curious....how does that equate to most people?

When you make a dubious claim and use definitive wording then you shouldnt be surprised when you get called out...just saying.

Well, the guy seemed pretty knowledgeable, but yeah, it could have been anybody, that is true. I guess I'm choosing to believe him as I don't see why somebody would bother lying about that, but people are weird, so you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad