Connor McDavid Part II : Out for "months" - Mod Warning in post 470

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He needs to come back by Christmas. Get him out there.

Not a chance IMO. When the doctors give him the 100%, I'd still purposely hold him out an extra week just to err on the side of caution. Still I think he will be back by early January.

This season is fun and all, but we want Connor to have a 20 year career and we want him to be healthy for the rest of the season. That's far more important.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
all star break wtfff?!?!

We're in a playoff spot and your talking about keeping our best player out that long :help:

yeh rather have him fully healed than risk bringing him too early.
After Jan23 we dont play til Feb02 (9 day gap) .. Why bring him Jan 16th when you can wait 5 more games and give him another 17 days to fully heal.
Not rushed back McDavid >> one playoffs run

32 games left after AllStar break.

Shredator

Oct 6, 2009
Edmonton
After Jan23 we dont play til Feb02 (9 day gap) .. Why bring him Jan 16th when you can wait 5 more games and give him another 17 days to fully heal.

As much as it pains me, I totally agree with this type of thinking.
He may be 100% but if you give him 17 more days there is no reason not to.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

If he's truly 100% then there's no point in having him wait 17 days. That's a waste of his time.

I know everyone wants them to be cautious with McDavid, but he needs to play to get better. If he's not hurt, he should play as much as possible.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

If he's 100%, he plays. What exactly are you guys worried about?

I understand not rushing him but if he's ready to go, he should play. It sure didn't hurt Kane any.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think they'll give him 9-10 weeks. Kane had 8 and was a little rushed, they'll give Connor a little cushion. So mid-January.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
7 weeks in 2 days already. Kane was playing his first game in 7 weeks with the same injury. Kanes time frame was 9 to 12 weeks, I would imagine McDavids was the same around 12 weeks. We already know hes ahead of schedule. Why not 10 weeks? Jan 6th ish.

SegzKnightlySpoons

Jun 16, 2011
I hope he is back by February 4th in time for the game in Ottawa I will be going to. If not oh well I've already had the pleasure of seeing him play with the Otters live.
That speed that will be on the ice if he is though: McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall, Hoffman, and Karlsson :nod:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
7 weeks in 2 days already. Kane was playing his first game in 7 weeks with the same injury. Kanes time frame was 9 to 12 weeks, I would imagine McDavids was the same around 12 weeks. We already know hes ahead of schedule. Why not 10 weeks? Jan 6th ish.

Our January schedule is pretty easy in terms of physical teams.
As long as the game vs CGY on Jan 16th isnt his first I dont mind him coming back any other game.

CAR, TB, FLA @ home would be a nice way to ease him in.
If its later in the month then FLA, TB, DAL road trip should be good to ease him in away from local media.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

The 16th will be 6 weeks from his surgery (November 4th).

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I think we see him back on boxing day. That would be around 8 weeks post injury. Like someone said, Kane was back in 7. McDavid had successful surgery and numerous sources say he is ahead of schedule. He's already skating. He should be back in 2 weeks at the latest, no?

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I think we see him back on boxing day. That would be around 8 weeks post injury. Like someone said, Kane was back in 7. McDavid had successful surgery and numerous sources say he is ahead of schedule. He's already skating. He should be back in 2 weeks at the latest, no?

That's what I've been hoping for all along. I'm going to that game so it would be incredible. Either way, I'd still get to see Drai and the rest of the team, but if McDavid plays I'd be so happy.

Hopefully the team is keeping things quiet and they'll surprise us.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I want him to come back after the All Star break even if he is ready a week before then. No need to rush anything with him

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

when i first looked at the calendar and when i thought he would come back, this was be exact thought.... even if he is ready a week before the all-star game, you wait until after it to give him another 2 or so weeks of healing.... it just makes sense

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

I hope so. I don't get all these don't rush him guys, if he is 100% he is 100%, if you wait two more weeks after that he won't go to 105%, doesn't work like that.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
All I want for Christmas, is a healthy McDavid.

It was interesting that when Chiarelli was asked about if the timing of going back to Boston so soon after their last game meant anything, he said something along the lines of "No, the timing doesn't mean anything to me, aside from the fact that it's before Christmas"....

He knows ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad