Connor McDavid Part II : Out for "months" - Mod Warning in post 470

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
December 26th, McDavid returns. Calgary and Edmonton both don't lose until that meeting.

The Force. Its calling to him.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
There was so much pressure on McDavid to start this season with so much expectations. And the Oilers were struggling as a team early in the year. It must have been draining on him. I'm looking forward to seeing McDavid return to the lineup now while the team is playing so well, which means there will be less pressure on him now to help turn things around. I think he's gonna thrive once he gets back from this break.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
December 26th, McDavid returns. Calgary and Edmonton both don't lose until that meeting.

And this is the reason why Oilers have to keep things hush hush to EDM media and fans.
The force in Edmonton seems to call players back too early because they want the short term entertainment. We have waited a decade .. I am willing to suppress the force and wait an extra month.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

you're tempting fate pretty hard core. We'll have to go through some good teams for that to happen, and it's not like we're winning all these games comfortably so far.

Imo we're just flipping a coin and always getting heads. Having said that, I do feel our 'true' winning probability has increased as the season has gone on. We are better.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers games starting DEC 21st: Jets > VAN> CGY > LA > ANA

Oilers games after Jan 01 : ARI > CAR > TB > FLA > ARI

There is 0 chance Oilers rush McDavid back in Dec and throw him against the "bigger" teams right away.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
you're tempting fate pretty hard core. We'll have to go through some good teams for that to happen, and it's not like we're winning all these games comfortably so far.

Imo we're just flipping a coin and always getting heads. Having said that, I do feel our 'true' winning probability has increased as the season has gone on. We are better.

Aside from CHI game, all the other games are winnable in december. NYR are struggling 2-6-2 in last 10 and a 3 game losing streak. That defense is weak with Klein out.

Flames would be the toughest game after CHI..

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oilers games starting DEC 21st: Jets > VAN> CGY > LA > ANA

Oilers games after Jan 01 : ARI > CAR > TB > FLA > ARI

There is 0 chance Oilers rush McDavid back in Dec and throw him against the "bigger" teams right away.

but if he's ready, he's ready. He broke his collarbone, which isn't a joint and they even said that when it's healed it will be stronger than it was before even due to the reinforcement.

We want to shelter McDavid, but we also want to make the playoffs. Priority #1 is his health of course, but that second priority matters a lot too. Again, I agree we shouldn't rush him but it's not like we'd be paying off doctors to clear him.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Aside from CHI game, all the other games are winnable in december. NYR are struggling 2-6-2 in last 10 and a 3 game losing streak. That defense is weak with Klein out.

Flames would be the toughest game after CHI..

Oilers always have a tough time against LA and Anaheim..despite Anaheim's record

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad