Player Discussion Connor Dewar

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Couldn't find a thread on him, so thought I'd start one. He is one of my favorite unsung heroes on the Wild, just like Haula was years ago. Does a little bit of everything, and seems to improve every year. Stoic. Call me crazy, but I think that he should be in the consideration for playing 3v3. Not as first man up or anything, but his speed, ability to play C, overall good positional game, and sneaky offense would look good on the big ice, IMO.

Reactions: Roman Maroni

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think he should be in consideration to play on the third line over Gaudreau too, might see some more offense blossom as well.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Couldn't find a thread on him, so thought I'd start one. He is one of my favorite unsung heroes on the Wild, just like Haula was years ago. Does a little bit of everything, and seems to improve every year. Stoic. Call me crazy, but I think that he should be in the consideration for playing 3v3. Not as first man up or anything, but his speed, ability to play C, overall good positional game, and sneaky offense would look good on the big ice, IMO.
You're crazy. 43% FO wins ain't gonna cut it in OT where it is crucial to win the draws. Only when playing a man down in OT should he see the ice.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd like to see him keep his gloves securely on his hands
He lost the last fight, but he's actually fine as a lightweight. Not his main skill, but it's good to have someone who is willing to step in and do it if necessary. My argument with last night is that it wasn't necessary, nor was it the right matchup.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
He reminds me of Tommy Younghans (the old North Star). Not the biggest guy on the ice, but plays with a ton of heart and grit.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He reminds me of Tommy Younghans (the old North Star). Not the biggest guy on the ice, but plays with a ton of heart and grit.
I has totally forgotten about him.

I think of Curt Giles, another diminutive player who was very tough for his size. Both guys came from The Pas, way up north in Manitoba. They build them hardy up there.... not a lot of room for soft, entitled players.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
He lost the last fight, but he's actually fine as a lightweight. Not his main skill, but it's good to have someone who is willing to step in and do it if necessary. My argument with last night is that it wasn't necessary, nor was it the right matchup.
I’m glad Dewar shows the guts to fight a big guy like that but isn’t that what Foligno and Maroon are for? Did anyone stand up to Kane after breaking Brodin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad