Proposal: Connor Brown

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
What would you offer from your team for Connor Brown? I think he’s a solid player, phenomenal PK’er, defensively responsible, and can play up and down the lineup. I think he’d be an ideal 3rd liner on a team lacking depth, but he’s been playing way too high up on the lineup on the sens and I’d rather see Batherson get more ice team and make room for a similar type of player (with perhaps more offensive upside) in Formenton.

The sens biggest holes as of now are probably:

Tkatchuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-White-Dadonov
Stuezle-X-X
Formenton-Tierney-Watson

Chabot-X
X-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Zub

so either 3C, more offensively inclined 3RW or a better than bottom pairing D of any handedness.
Also would include Tierney as a possible addition to the trade. Probably see him as a good fit on a team with good high end players but with a need for a defensively responsible PK-type whose looking to compete now.

Last edited:

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hallinder + 2021 conditional 3rd (becomes a 2nd if Leafs make it to the 3rd rd of the playoffs) for Brown

May need a cap dump or retention to make the money work. So Leafs add another pick, maybe a 2022 4th

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hallinder + 2021 conditional 3rd (becomes a 2nd if Leafs make it to the 3rd rd of the playoffs) for Brown

May need a cap dump or retention to make the money work. So Leafs add another pick, maybe a 2022 4th

The last guy that the Leafs need, is Connor Brown @ $3.6 mil for this year and another two years. We would have kept Kapanen if that was the case.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
How about something around Dermott?
That would be a tough sell considering he's in our active lineup and we'd need all hands on deck in the playoffs.

I think he'd be more of an offseason move.

The last guy that the Leafs need, is Connor Brown @ $3.6 mil for this year and another two years. We would have kept Kapanen if that was the case.

There would definitely have to be some retention or balance to make the dollars work. But depth winger that can play up and down the lineup who understands Keefe's system and has chemistry with players on the team. It wouldn't take him long to get up to speed.

If it costs picks or good prospects that isn't anything too extreme I'd at the very least entertain the idea.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
It shouldn't be for a 3c as we should be giving Logan Brown a chance

Sens do have a combo of Connor brown, Tierney, Wolanin (I don't want to) and picks to add a winger or dman to the lineup

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
There would definitely have to be some retention or balance to make the dollars work. But depth winger that can play up and down the lineup who understands Keefe's system and has chemistry with players on the team. It wouldn't take him long to get up to speed.

If it costs picks or good prospects that isn't anything too extreme I'd at the very least entertain the idea.

But the Leafs don't need a smaller depth RW in the least. I liked Brown's work ethic, and respect what's he's done. Leafs could use a 3C, or a physical, grit big, or a LW brings more of a power forward game, to play in the top six. None of this describes Brown, who isn't replacing Marner, or Nylander in the lineup. This isn't a need, and a waste of assets. Even with 50% retention, it doesn't make sense cap wise, for where he'd play.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
It shouldn't be for a 3c as we should be giving Logan Brown a chance

Sens do have a combo of Connor brown, Tierney, Wolanin (I don't want to) and picks to add a winger or dman to the lineup

Logan Brown is never gonna get a real opportunity in this organization. He’s a top 6 or bust player and the sens decided that they like Norris and White more. Unfortunate, because he would probably be the 2nd or 3rd most talented forward we have (after Stuezle and maybe Batherson).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad