Prospect Info: Connor Bedard - 2023 1st - C, Regina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Might as well get this started. Let's get some video, and some discussion going here.

Hawks will bring in a top line winger to play with him. They have to spend cap space anyway. They will have an exciting top line and power play, but still be terrible, by giving up a shitload of goals. Should be an entertaining season.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
They’re going to have to bring in some semblance of talent to insulate him. Nothing crazy as we shouldn’t want this process rushed but there needs to be more for him to work with next year. I’d also start him on the wing. It’ll ease his transition a bit

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
They’re going to have to bring in some semblance of talent to insulate him. Nothing crazy as we shouldn’t want this process rushed but there needs to be more for him to work with next year. I’d also start him on the wing. It’ll ease his transition a bit
I’ve watched Bedard live a ton the last three years, and I am a believer that it is possible for him to reach McDavid levels. That said, he needs to play next year on the wing. What quality centre should the Hawks target?

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Might as well get this started. Let's get some video, and some discussion going here.

Hawks will bring in a top line winger to play with him. They have to spend cap space anyway. They will have an exciting top line and power play, but still be terrible, by giving up a shitload of goals. Should be an entertaining season.

A top line winger you say...but who? not alot out there this year (outside the obvious Kane but that's another discussion)

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I'm guessing, Bedard, Reichel, and a veteran forward that can play C/W will be the top line. Max Domi makes a ton of sense, but there are other options, too. Hawks will still be bad, but have an exciting first line, and power play. Which is perfect.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I’ve watched Bedard live a ton the last three years, and I am a believer that it is possible for him to reach McDavid levels. That said, he needs to play next year on the wing. What quality centre should the Hawks target?
They won’t be blowing assets on bringing in a top quality center (especially considering Bedard is going to be that guy in the near future). I think Max Domi makes a lot of sense. Serviceable as a top 6 center and he absolutely loved his time here. There’s been rumors that there was mutual interest in him returning as well. Outside of that I think you’re looking at guys like Tatar, ERod, and Compher as placeholders in the top 6

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Scouting report: Looked off McDavid on a 2 on 1 at a summer league last year per Kane...Went to Hawaii at age 10 with all his hockey gear because why would he vacation...Has heartbreaker celly down pat...might score 50 as a rookie...Kane's clutch gene, Matthews shot, McDavid's hockey lab personality

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I'm guessing, Bedard, Reichel, and a veteran forward that can play C/W will be the top line. Max Domi makes a ton of sense, but there are other options, too. Hawks will still be bad, but have an exciting first line, and power play. Which is perfect.
Yeah a skilled grinder or power forward type would be ideal for them as a linemate. Domi certainly fits that mold.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I’d actually split Reichel and Bedard for now. I think Reichel is a great fit next to him moving forward, but at least for next year I’d prefer them on the wing on separate lines to insulate them a bit. Maybe a top 9 that looks something like:
Tatar-Domi-Bedard
Reichel-ERod-Compher
Kurashev-Johnson-Raddysh

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
As a brand-new die-hard Blackhawks fan, I see we have multiple firsts in each of the next several drafts. Do you long-time fans think it would be better to stay the course, or start dealing immediately for a quality youngster to hopefully become Bedard’s star linemate?
Welcome to the short pier. Stay the course for now. Give him a center option and let them play and develop organizationally

• Love
Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I know what you were saying in the prospect thread and I do enjoy reading your opinions fyi.
You’re a kinder man than I, after that.

Now that the emotions have cooled a bit, I’m amped up. I’ve been a Pens fan all my adult life because of Crosby - but now that that team is in decline and he is slowing down, I was finding it hard to get excited as a Pens fan this year.

Perfect timing to switch allegiances and get invested in a team rebuilding from scratch with the next Next One who I’ve been watching play live for years. GO HAWKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad