Congratulations to Manny Malhotra

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He's been a great add. All our our centers are over 50% at the moment with Malholtra 1st in the league and Eller top 5. I wouldn't mind re-signing him and hiring him as a development coach after he retires.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
It took 21 games for David Desharnais to tie Mike Smith in goal last season! :P:sarcasm:;)

(not counting when they were at 0 goal of course)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It took 21 games for David Desharnais to tie Mike Smith in goal last season! :P:sarcasm:;)

(not counting when they were at 0 goal of course)
Hahahaha, that would be amazing if Malhotra finished the season like Desharnais in goals then with 16.

Honestly, as a Vancouver #2 fan... I know Malhotra is better offensively that he's shown. He's shown glimpses, but he's very focused his defensive play. I'd be okay with him taking the odd extra chance though.

PS. I didn't even realize, but if he plays 36 more regular season games with us.. he'll hit 1,000 with us.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
For tying Carey Price in points!!! :clap:

post-23187-Dwayne-The-Rock-Johnson-Clappi-UqCk.gif

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Congratulations also go out to David Desharnais for scoring his first 5 on 5 goal in 52 games.

Michelangelo

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Manny is a perfect 4th liner. He takes important faceoffs and doesn't hurt the team defensively. We need to clone Manny for the 4th line.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Manny is a perfect 4th liner. He takes important faceoffs and doesn't hurt the team defensively. We need to clone Manny for the 4th line.

Moen was doing that too, well, without taking any faceoffs. I don't want another Malhotra on this team unless he's younger and brought in as a replacement

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Congratulating him for getting his first point as a Hab, especially since it was an assist, is demeaning. He's a seasoned veteran with years of NHL experience. It's like sending him a cupcake with a birthday cake candle. I'm glad for him, and I'd like him to score a few goals. He's been a great addition in more ways than one.

Has there ever been another NHL player with Asian Indian lineage?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Congratulating him for getting his first point as a Hab, especially since it was an assist, is demeaning. He's a seasoned veteran with years of NHL experience. It's like sending him a cupcake with a birthday cake candle. I'm glad for him, and I'd like him to score a few goals. He's been a great addition in more ways than one.

Has there ever been another NHL player with Asian Indian lineage?
It was clearly a joke. I've praised Malhotra a lot. And being a Canucks fan second, I saw Manny score 30 points a few years back. He's better offensively than he's shown.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
It was clearly a joke. I've praised Malhotra a lot. And being a Canucks fan second, I saw Manny score 30 points a few years back. He's better offensively than he's shown.

Manny had a severe injury to one of his eye. If he lost much of his binocular vision, and certainly peripheral vision out of that surgically repaired eye, then it is perfectly understandable that his offensive prowess would tail off. Even though there are monocular spatial cues that allow us to see in 3D with one eye at a time, these cues are never as effective as binocular vision, which triangulates explicitly based on disparity between retinal projections, which is much more effective. I don't have proof, but I think that a player needs to process more visual information to be good offensively in comparison with being effective defensively, where for the most part, he can focus on the puck carrier.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Solid 4th liner who brings defensive awareness, leadership and the ability to win key face offs late in the game at a good price. What's not to like?

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
It is really no surprise at his lack of points. How often does he take an offensive zone face-off? How often do you see him win a defensive zone face-off and then go strait to bench as the team takes the puck up the ice. He sees no power play time but gets a good amount of penalty kill time.

He has been put in a situation/role where it is almost impossible to put up decent offensive numbers. I have absolutely zero problems with him.

Congrats to Malholtra.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad