Congratulations Johnstown! Hockeyville, USA

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
150k and a preseason NHL game!

https://www.krafthockeyville.com/

Very special place to me. In highschool I got my first taste of junior hockey playing for the Junior Chiefs. It wasn't much, but I got to travel all over and it was basically the start of making me a good hockey player. Without it, I would have never been as good as I was. I got to call the War Memorial home for a bit and would travel 2 hours to just practice.

I love that it just won the Kraft Hockeyville tourney! Now they might get a Pens preseason game. Pretty bad ass.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Nice. Hope it's a Pens game. Maybe they can get a full-time ECHL team again too.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Way to go, Johnstown! I watched the Jets play beginning in the early 60's. I remember the live televised game (in color) when the Jets played either Syracuse or Binghamton for the finals. I saw the Chiefs later on when I went home to visit my parents. I got to 1 game this winter to see the Tomahawks. My sister was in Slap Shot as a member of the Greater Johnstown High School marching band. So, way to go! I can imagine that the players will be thrilled to play on the iconic ice that every hockey knows about. As for me, off to Erie tonight to see the Otters and Connor McDavid upset the Greyhounds (hopefully).

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yohe tweeted we'll be playing Tampa there in preseason.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Winning.

charlie_sheen_poster_by_sabin23-d508qqr.jpg

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
My son played in the War Memorial when he was in junior high hockey. The coach comes to me and says they need someone to work the penalty box, so I do it. My son takes a penalty for a late hit, comes to the box, and mumbles, "I know, sorry." I'm also his soccer coach as well as his dad. However, I'm thinking, how often does a father open the penalty box door for his son in the very penalty box the Hansons made famous? (I know they are fictional characters) I look at my boy and say, "Don't worry, this is one of the proudest moments in my life!"

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Awesome news. I always loved playing in Johnstown growing up. Some really cool memories there.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
They definitely deserve it. I remember playing in that arena when I played for the Allegheny Badgers, I always seemed to get penalized in that arena more then any other lol. I will certainly attempt to get tickets to go see the pre-season game in September. The one thing I hated the most was how you had to pretty much jump off a ledge to get on the rink, hopefully that is changed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad