Congratulation Kimmo Timonen !!

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
As much as I hate Chicago and the over hyped Toews I have to give him kudos for what he did and said about Kimmo. When you put a human element to it most hockey guys are pretty down to earth good guys.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I'm glad he'll get his name on the cup, he's a great guy, but he was pretty terrible for the Hawks. I wish he would've won one when he was at the top of his game rather than as a complete passenger.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Congrats Kime! You are one of the classiest player to ever play the game, coming to watch you with the Cup in Kuopio! You really deserved it.

Thank you Kimmo for a wonderful career, thank you for being an ambassador to this sport, thank you for being such a gentleman for your whole career, thank you for everything, Kimmo.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
So awesome to see even if seeing the Hawks win made me hate my life.

Kimmo's yell of pure joy after getting the cup made me cry.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Started to get the sniffles when he was handed the cup. Quality player, quality person. Wish he could have played a slightly more prominent role, but considering the circumstances, it seems like he was lucky to be playing at all. Good soldier.

Just wish it wasn't with the hawks.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I've stayed completely away from watching anything having to do with their celebration. Did Timmo give a shout out to Nashville or something?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I've stayed completely away from watching anything having to do with their celebration. Did Timmo give a shout out to Nashville or something?

I rode the Amtrak to Chicago for a wedding. I was caught in the outflow of the estimated 2 million fans for the parade. A sea of red and black as soon as I stepped into Union Station. It was like a nightmare!

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I rode the Amtrak to Chicago for a wedding. I was caught in the outflow of the estimated 2 million fans for the parade. A sea of red and black as soon as I stepped into Union Station. It was like a nightmare!

Egad! I think I would have jumped off the nearest building to have avoided that. Seek counseling immediately for the post traumatic stress that experience undoubtedly caused.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Egad! I think I would have jumped off the nearest building to have avoided that. Seek counseling immediately for the post traumatic stress that experience undoubtedly caused.

I have a thick hide. Besides, the tracks are 2 stories below street level. I had to drag my suitcase up the steps because all of the escalators were set to down. The lady in front of me was kind of upset about that. Someday, I will have to learn where an elevator is at in that station!

Union Station is across the Chicago River from the Willis (Sears) Tower. You have to pay to get to the observation deck. Everything in Chicago is expensive.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad