Congrats Washington Capitals on your 1st Stanley Cup championship

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Ovechkin takes a lot of abusive, good for him to win it.
Congratulations Washington, you wanted it more.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
969551808_slide.jpg

969551796_slide.jpg

969527034_slide.jpg

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
the true finals was played in round 2 between the Pens and Caps!

I think this year it was the Caps-Bolts. Tampa may not have looked like a dominant team but they still took 3 straight from the Champs.. they were the only team able to turn the tides completely after the Caps were feeling good.

The other 3 series after getting their first W, Caps went a combined 9-1. Even the Pens could only win a game after that.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I had a feeling at the beginning of the season this would be their year.

Ovy was considered done as an elite player, they let go all their big additions from the last two seasons, PIT was the talk of the town, then came the deadline and they made no major moves then they didn't win the Prez Trophy which alleviated a lot of the pressure on them to win.

Reactions: CanadianSharks

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Congrats Caps fans. You and your team deserve it. I'm happy for you. I actually enjoyed watching Ovechkin and Backstrom hoist the Cup. Even though the Caps are a conference rival, they are a very likable team... and Caps fans are loyal and have hung in there for 40 years. Cheers!

Signed,

Flyers fan

Reactions: Misery74

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Great job by the caps. It’s a little embarrassing how little of a fight Vegas put up after destroying Winnipeg the way they did.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Great job by the caps. It’s a little embarrassing how little of a fight Vegas put up after destroying Winnipeg the way they did.
Hard to believe that a team that humiliated the Jets in 5 games went out the way they did.

Really says something about how pathetically weak the West has become.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Hard to believe that a team that humiliated the Jets in 5 games went out the way they did.

Really says something about how pathetically weak the West has become.

Maybe Vegas didn't match up well with Washington. It is totally possible that the Jets or Predators for example would match up better and had a better series if one of them had been able to make it to the finals.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Caps fans - ever year my non-Blackhawks pick to win the cup was Washington.

This year I thought the reason they never won as because I would always pick them. I didn't pick them to win. (picked NSH or TB)

Turns out, it was my fault the whole time.

Sorry.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Guessing the Canucks or Sabres (Blues are tied w/ Toronto)
Leafs last won the cup in the 66-67 season. The year before the league expanded to 12 teams. They are the last original 6 team by a good margin not to win the cup. Blues were part of the 67-68 season expansion. There was a team called the California Golden seals, now defunct. Off the top of my head Minnesota(which became Dallas) was another team. Don't recall the others without looking it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad