WJC: Congrats To The Caps Prospects

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
I was really impressed with kuznetsov this tournament. Sens board posters know i wanted to draft him this summer, and i've been high on him for a couple of years after seeing his national team performances. It is absolutely terrifying to me as an eastern conference fan that washington gets to add a gamebreaker like that. If they manage to keep semin, washington's offense will be unrivaled for the next 5-10 years.

Orlov was very impressive as well. He was overshadowed in this tournament by the heroics of kuznetsov and tarasenko, but he was a stable 2-way guy on the blueline who sparked a lot of the russian offense. I think he has 1 more year left in the KHL, but after that he could slot in as a #4 dman immediately in washington and could develop into a solid #2 all-rounder guy.

Eakin looks to be a role player, possibly with 2nd line potential in washington. He never stops fighting, which is something washington needs. I look forward to seeing what he can do in the NHL. He's a good bet to continue washington's recent cycle of finding clutch secondary scorers to supplement their top players.

Last edited:

ahawowow

Jun 29, 2009
Edmonton
lol, I thought this thread was going to be a joke calling the entire Russian Junior team the "Caps Prospects".

tim_*

As a Caps fan (and American), I was definitely looking forward to the RUS/CAN game more than the US game tonight. Eakin played a heck of a game, and I'm still stunned that the Caps are able to get Russian players of this caliber as late in the draft as they do. That includes a player like Stanislav Galiev who, while Russian, has already spent two seasons in North America.

I'm confident had the Caps not brought in Ovechkin and his 'effect,' they'd be even more weary (after Semin) of Russians than your average NHL team.

Caps need to buy out the final year of Kuznetsov's KHL contract and get him on NA ice permanently. He's not 'ready' for the NHL quite yet, but that's what the AHL is for. I'm not sure of Orlov's contract off the top of my head. I recall his situation being a bit more complex.

As for Eakin - the Caps didn't even want to send him to Juniors, but Hershey wasn't an option due to age. He has a heck of a camp and only solidified himself further in this tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:

AO

Feb 7, 2007
Raleigh
We're gonna be in cap hell a ways down the road, hopefully with cup in hand though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad