Congrats to the AHL venues that made the Pollstar 2021 list

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Inaccurate. There's no way Scotiabank Arena only sold 32K tickets when the Leafs home opener vs MTL was over 18K alone.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
https://www.pollstar.com/Chart/2021/12/arenas_992.pdf

Congrats. Some of the AHL arenas ranked higher than some NHL arenas.
SMH @ Tulsa's BOK Center ranking of #25 worldwide. That's a two-place slip from their 2018 ranking, but a helluva climb back from #82 & #48 in the intervening years. I reckon the same staff with a long tradition of wildly over-reporting ticket sales for BOK's primary tenant (ECHL's Oilers) also provides the same service for the traveling entertainment shows visiting the building. Puts the legitimacy of the entire poll in question for me, but I reckon the value of these rankings only require suspension of belief for advertisers & future tenants. :cool:

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
The whole list almost seems random. Hershey's Giant center is at #183, with only 8610 tickets sold. They typically are at or near the top of AHL attendance, and frequently sell out concerts with 10,500 seats. I am sure they had more than 8610 just for the two performances of Trans-Siberian Orchestra last month. Reading's Santander Arena is at #118 with 20,396 tickets sold. The Royals are middle of the pack ECHL in attendance, concerts here don't frequently sell out completely, and there are only 7,083 seats.

This is listed as the "2021 year end ranking", but it isn't even the end of 2021 now, and it certainly took some period of time to collect and collate the data. I have to wonder if this is actually 2020 numbers, or maybe March 2020-Feb 2021 or some other period that would be significantly affected by Covid but differently in different locations. Tulsa, for example, played in the 20-21 ECHL season, Reading didn't, Hershey did, but under greater restrictions on attendance.

Reactions: Roadhog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad