Boston Bruins Congrats to the 2022-2023 Boston Bruins who have officially clinched a playoff spot with 4 1/2 weeks to go.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I'm so excited for playoff hockey again. Pre-Covid, I saw at least one Bruins playoff game a season since 2010. Haven't been since Columbus Game 1 in 2019 because of Covid.

I'm hoping to get to a game at the Garden, but it may be cost prohibitive, so I'll likely catch one on the road, and IF they make the Final, I'll deal with the absurd ticket cost for that.

Hoping for a Round 1 opponent I haven't been to yet. Been to Florida and Ottawa; Pittsburgh or the Island would be great.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Monty gets it. It's been fun, but the real work has not begun yet.

That being said I don't think I can remember a regular season more exciting and enjoyable

I'm so excited for playoff hockey again. Pre-Covid, I saw at least one Bruins playoff game a season since 2010. Haven't been since Columbus Game 1 in 2019 because of Covid.

I'm hoping to get to a game at the Garden, but it may be cost prohibitive, so I'll likely catch one on the road, and IF they make the Final, I'll deal with the absurd ticket cost for that.

Hoping for a Round 1 opponent I haven't been to yet. Been to Florida and Ottawa; Pittsburgh or the Island would be great.
That 19-20 team may have won the cup without the push back of the play-offs... Hedman was out for Tampa and Tuukka would not have had to leave. What an eerie grim playoffs that was, I honestly don't remember one play from it, and know I didnt watch after the Bruins were knocked out

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Wow, I am so grateful for this team. I remember those two years when the boys didn't make the playoffs, missing by just a point and not knowing until the last game - once when Tampa beat the team they were playing that took away our playoff hope. I remember Stamkos saying it's always great to take out a team like Boston in his interview after the game. I was crushed.

I will say this, I realize the Leafs fans suffer a lot, but in a different way, we Bruins fans have suffered a lot too. This is why I will never assume the Bruins are going to walk through any team in the playoffs because anything can happen. No smugness here.

Congratulations Bruins, I am so thankful for all you are doing. Wow!

I thought that Boston was eliminated when Pittsburgh beat Toronto that same night and even if they beat TB weren't qualifying?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Monty gets it. It's been fun, but the real work has not begun yet.

That being said I don't think I can remember a regular season more exciting and enjoyable

That 19-20 team may have won the cup without the push back of the play-offs... Hedman was out for Tampa and Tuukka would not have had to leave. What an eerie grim playoffs that was, I honestly don't remember one play from it, and know I didnt watch after the Bruins were knocked out

I definitely remember McAvoy absolutely crushing Staal and Chara ending Svechnikov's season.

Those were a significant parts of the series along with the trash Carolina had in net...lol. Mrazek getting beat by #37 in OT butchering his angle.

I think that series had a lot to do with Carolina really hating Boston going forward. Of course #63 antics with Justin Williams in '19 plays a part also.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I definitely remember McAvoy absolutely crushing Staal and Chara ending Svechnikov's season.

Those were a significant parts of the series along with the trash Carolina had in net...lol. Mrazek getting beat by #37 in OT butchering his angle.

I think that series had a lot to do with Carolina really hating Boston going forward. Of course #63 antics with Justin Williams in '19 plays a part also.

One of those games against Carolina, I think game 3 or 4 where they came back from a 2 goal deficit in the third was exciting. But the whole bubble playoff was a sham.

Tampa loaded up at that deadline while all we did was get Nick Ritchie, so I'm not trying to say with 100% certainty that we beat them without the shutdown, but it absolutely would've been much more competitive with Rask than Halak. Plus Hedman wouldn't have been 100% if not for the extended break and we'd have had home ice without the stupid mini-tournament for seeding.

Reactions: Gordoff

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
One of those games against Carolina, I think game 3 or 4 where they came back from a 2 goal deficit in the third was exciting. But the whole bubble playoff was a sham.

Tampa loaded up at that deadline while all we did was get Nick Ritchie, so I'm not trying to say with 100% certainty that we beat them without the shutdown, but it absolutely would've been much more competitive with Rask than Halak. Plus Hedman wouldn't have been 100% if not for the extended break and we'd have had home ice without the stupid mini-tournament for seeding.
That little tournament thing was so ridiculous. No one was catching Boston for first but they had to start at 0 like everyone else.

I can see the league wanting everyone to get some meaningful games in before playoffs but it should of atleast been weighted in the higher seeds favor. Say #1 start with 4 points, #2 started with 3 and so on.

Not saying it would of made any difference what so ever but I just thought it was the wrong way to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad